Hindi Series Discuss (neflix, amazon prime, youtube, etc.)

How's Netfli'x Leila ? Anybody watched?
Saw some really interesting comments below the trailer in facebook - mostly asking to boycott Netflix, because the show is somehow 'anti-hindu' :eek:

How's Netfli'x Leila ? Anybody watched?
Saw some really interesting comments below the trailer in facebook - mostly asking to boycott Netflix, because the show is somehow 'anti-hindu' :eek:

I liked the show and you will see /r/bakchodi downvoting that show on IMDB (check its IMDB rating) as people saying it is "Anti Hindu". But it shows a dystopian future of India where we are separated on lines of caste and religion and such and there are physical walls between the sects. There are rebels (called resistance) against these.

Seeing a trend of really old school hindi series from doordarshan on OTT platforms now. Hungama Play has decent content too now and so does Sony Liv. If only these apps have streaming capability built in, DTH will be gone in 5 to 10 years

Seeing a trend of really old school hindi series from doordarshan on OTT platforms now. Hungama Play has decent content too now and so does Sony Liv. If only these apps have streaming capability built in, DTH will be gone in 5 to 10 years
Sony Liv has abysmal stream quality.

Started watching "The Office (India)" On hotstar. People like me who have watched US Office, I strongly suggest do not see this show with prejudice that nothing can beat US or UK Office and this will be a cheap copy. I feel it is actually well made and some jokes are actually good. Some castings for Indian Micheal, Dwight, Pam and Jim are pretty good. Pam (Pammi) is actually cute.
I suggest give this show a chance and then decide.

Started watching "The Office (India)" On hotstar. People like me who have watched US Office, I strongly suggest do not see this show with prejudice that nothing can beat US or UK Office and this will be a cheap copy. I feel it is actually well made and some jokes are actually good. Some castings for Indian Micheal, Dwight, Pam and Jim are pretty good. Pam (Pammi) is actually cute.
I suggest give this show a chance and then decide.
Yeah. While many jokes are cringe worthy, it's not the shitshow I thought it will be. Well, apart from the literal Hindi translation of TWSS. That's lame.

Episodes are a mixed bag. Some are surprisingly really good, and some are bad as ****.

Back