Hitachi Travelstar (320.GB & 500.GB) & Deskstar HDD's (1.TB & 2.TB)

Satan

Adept
UPDATE 2: Price Revisions

Finally we're getting somewhere. This is what I have been given so far.

Hitachi Deskstar Internal 3.5" 7200 RPM HDD
1 TB: Rs. 2450 + Tax
2 TB: Rs. 5200 + Tax

Hitachi Travelstar Internal 2.5" 5200 RPM HDD
320 GB: Rs. 1850 + Tax
500 GB: Rs. 2400 + Tax (No Stock Currently - Expected in 10 days)

TAX @ 5%
Positive Interest Checks
Travelstar
320.GB x 1
500.GB x 1

Deskstar
1.TB x 2
2.TB x 4

TOTAL: 8

Satan said:
With all the... ahem... backups, my PS3 drive is full!

So many games need to be on the internal drive to work, not to mention all the additional game data that quickly eats away any free space.

I think it's finally time to upgrade this old war horse with a new 500 or 750 GB internal HDD where all the backups can go which means

* No more EXTERNAL DRIVE!
* No more unplugging the drive when starting up
* No more having to move backups back and forth

This would be most useful for those of us with 80 & 120 GB versions of the PS3.

Spoke to one of the Distri's of Hitachi and he has promised us a good deal on the Hitachi Travelstar and Deskstar series of HDD's. I'll get the pricing tomorrow.

* Best price on Seagate and WD counterparts for the 5400rpm laptop drives is around the 2700 to 2900 mark for 500 gig. I've asked them for quotes much lower than that.
* Reason for going in for Hitachi is better reliability.
* 3 year warranty
* I have been told that after sales service is great now as compared to earlier. Maximum turn-around time on replacement is 4 days which is good. Drive is delivered to your door step but pickup is not available.

I will be getting a quote for the 1 TB, 32 MB Cache, 7200 RPM, Internal 3.5" Deskstar drive as well.

* Shipping of the drives will most probably be handled by me as I don't think they will be interested in doing a PAN-India GO.

Express your interest!

re: Hitachi Travelstar (320.GB & 500.GB) & Deskstar HDD's (1.TB & 2.TB)

i am interested in 320gb lapop hdd... If u get a good price i m in for the same.

Hey, while you are at it, can you also ask about Hitachi 2tb desktop drives ? They are just not available anywhere in India and they are fantastic drives.

vinayaga said:
Hey, while you are at it, can you also ask about Hitachi 2tb desktop drives ? They are just not available anywhere in India and they are fantastic drives.
+1 to that.

Even I need one.

^^ Wouldnt mind picking a 2TB drive if the price is reasonable.

I'm yet to receive a proper quote from him but this is what he said over the phone since he was travelling.

Deskstar 1TB (Hds721010cla332): Rs. 2700
Deskstar 2TB: Rs. 5400.00

These are retail prices. One of our members got a 1 TB drive from Mumbai for Rs. 2600 all inclusive. I've told him to work on his prices big time or that he'll end up loosing the order altogether.

He's promised to get back to me tomorrow. One indication that I have received is that the prices will be much better in Mumbai. Can one of you guys from Mumbai look into it?

http://www.techenclave.com/storage-...-rs1700-is-good-drive-178912.html#post1653586

I want 1x1Tb and 1x2Tb.

Thanks, I would be in for one or two Hitachi 2tb drives if it is in the 5k range.

Satan said:
I'm yet to receive a proper quote from him but this is what he said over the phone since he was travelling.

These are retail prices. One of our members got a 1 TB drive from Mumbai for Rs. 2600 all inclusive. I've told him to work on his prices big time or that he'll end up loosing the order altogether.

He's promised to get back to me tomorrow. One indication that I have received is that the prices will be much better in Mumbai. Can one of you guys from Mumbai look into it?

http://www.techenclave.com/storage-...-rs1700-is-good-drive-178912.html#post1653586

I'm interested in one 2TB 3.5" External HDD and 1TB 2.5" External HDD.

Cheers :)

These are ONLY INTERNAL Drives bro.

I'll tell you what... I'll get him to send across price quotes for their HDD product range.

Well, that dilutes the whole idea of squeezing out the best price on a few focused items. If you stick to four or five models and ask him for the best prices on those we have a better chance of a deal. Otherwise he will probably just send off his regular price list !

I haven't heard back from him so far. I called him in the evening yesterday and he promised to call back in a bit. Nothing so far. What is happening to Sales in this country? Nobody seems to give a (for lack of a better word) crap about making a quick sale anymore. I'll talk to his boss on Monday afternoon.

@Vinayaga... well not really. Remember, you're not dealing with a dealer. We're dealing with the Authorised Distributors here. The difference being that dealers get better prices on bulk orders of one particular item (usually they are in the 100's). Since we won't be anywhere close to that number, we'll still get a good deal as long as our total number of orders are high across various product ranges.

Is Hitachi's service that much better than that of Seagate/WD? Would that be valid across the country, including the smaller cities? Also, since volume of units sold is less wouldn't that also factor into the speed of replacement?

Satan said:

2TB prices are High compared to others.

Please do something about it.

>> 2TB prices are High compared to others.

>> Please do something about it.

The Hitachi 2tb drives are really good, very comparable to the Samsung F4. They are 7200rpm as compared to the 5400 and 5900 of WD and seagate and they run cool as a cucumber even at that speed. Worth paying upto Rs 500 more for this difference alone. And the WD with the advanced format restrictions have become useless for NAS boxes while the Seagates become really hot even at 5900rpm !

UPDATE 2: Price Revisions

Finally we're getting somewhere. This is what I have been given so far.

Hitachi Deskstar Internal 3.5" 7200 RPM HDD
1 TB: Rs. 2450 + Tax
2 TB: Rs. 5200 + Tax

Hitachi Travelstar Internal 2.5" 5200 RPM HDD
320 GB: Rs. 1850 + Tax
500 GB: Rs. 2400 + Tax (No Stock Currently - Expected in 10 days)

TAX @ 5%

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I suggest somebody in Bombay should give this a shot. We'll definitely get a better deal than this.

Well no problems I guess. Let me get the info on which dealer this will be routed through and I'll pass on the details to you. You can just go and pick it up directly I suppose.

Thanks, I can do that if you give me the dealer's address or number. I just spoke to the Bangalore distributor below and he started with a pricing of 5.7+taxes, but no stock anywhere. He will get back to me on a better pricing and a estimate of when it can be purchased.

Cyberstar Infocom Limited

124 Surya Chambers. First Floor

HAL Airport Road

Bangalore 560017

India

hitachi@cyberstarindia.com

Back