HMD Global announced that Qualcomm and Google had invested big ...

PoBoy

Skilled
HMD Global announced that Qualcomm and Google had invested big in the new home of Nokia phones. The total pool of investment is $230 million and the company didn't disclose all of the investors but it does give us a good idea of how Nokia brand will develop in the future.

Stock Android.

I have 3 nokia 6.1 plus and 1 nokia 6.1 .
All are on the latest Android version and get updated to the latest security patches .
Excellent build quality too .
Will buy more Nokia's in the future too .
Unlike my mi max 2 . Good phone but stuck on android 7 since I bought it .

The new Android One Nokias are very underrated. They should catch up. They deserve more attention and they make real good phones with good screens and good cameras.

They need to market heavily for that. I used to see ads of OnePlus, Oppo, Vivo on Mumbai metro and railways. Barely saw any ad of Nokia.

I am using Nokia 7 Plus... fairly pleased with it. Love the stock Android. Updates and patches are on time and regular.

Have there been any new Nokia phones out recently? I don't hear anything about them. Yes, they should advertise more... their phones deserve more attention.

^ yeah they didnt release phones in quite a bit of time. this investment should mean we'll see more phones. I will pay 2-3k extra for a nokia phone but sometimes I remember nokia phones being priced more than 8-9k mrp than other phones with same processor.

Nokia’s largest investor said on Tuesday it had high expectations of new management after the Finnish telecoms equipment maker had failed to live up to its potential under previous leadership.

“Nokia’s performance has not met our expectations in recent times and of course that is a disappointment, but we look at this over the long run,” Antti Makinen, CEO of Solidium, the Finnish government’s investment firm, told Reuters.

“The previous management had become a burden,” he added.

Lol. Google, Microsoft, or other software companies in USA don't have the knack for running mobile manufacturing business with their own OS. They think in terms of profits selling high end mobile like Apple and fail miserably because their software and hardware lack polish and usability. Nobody can rise to an Apple level ecosystem honestly speaking. That space is already taken by Apple.

Apart from the "reasons" mentioned in the first and ninth post : keep Android One alive. Moto is one of very few manufacturers clinging on to stock Android.
And, there's a lot of anti-China sentiment all over. Imagine if Xiaomi etc were banned here, unlikely, but ...

Isn't Moto under Lenovo now? Even if it was an independent firm, it would look bad on Google acquiring and selling unless there is some real compelling reasons to give long term dividends.

Back