Holy Cow! What is going on..

one is feku and one is pappu whom to vote for ? mamta, lalu or mulayam

As i said before, i would rather have a pappu as my PM rather than a feku harami jo peth pe laath maarta hain...

But seriously, congress needs to get a good PM candidate before they lose the next one as well. People just need to look at the US, trump got a lot of votes because people simply didn't like hillary.[DOUBLEPOST=1507288008][/DOUBLEPOST]More proof that they're just doing all this to favour their 'friends':

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ops-indias-rich-list/articleshow/60953817.cms

While common man is suffering, richest man gets richer by $15.3 billion ! Adani gained ~$4.7 billion

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love some proof...

Naah... Even a comparatively puny guy like Ram Rahim went around his his head held high for more than a decade in spite of the evidence stacked against him.

Do you really think there would be evidence that would come to light right now regarding the systemic corruption and crony capitalism that has enabled the government's venture capital partners (Ambani.Adani etc.) to climb up the Forbes 100 in spite of the economy slowing down?

Don't think so keeping in mind that investigative reporting is not really a forte of Indian cable channel media which were all modeled on Fox News.

On top of that all aforementioned VC's have substantial stakes in these media companies.

My guess is Congress didn't play ball or got greedy(most likely reason) which enabled BJP to tap these 1 percenters for the election money.

I really think that the business guys didn't think that they could get away with as much with pappu because there would be way more public outrage due to his lack of charisma and weak image, plus internal backstabbing within Congress.
Modi was nurtured by them since way before when the legend of the amazing efficiency and transparency of Gujarat government leading to economic growth came into being. It does feel like the older BJP leaders were also sidelined once Modi took power. Kummanam, as opposed to Rajagopal, is an example.

I hope you realise, coming from the US and all, that politicall correctness has nothing to with election politics. Here's wiki if you still don't understand.

What i was talking about was the ongoing fad of being PC keeps people from speaking their minds, and often don't call people out when they're wrong. If rahul has done something wrong, speak out about it for sure, but not about nonsense like he walked into a ladies toilet by accident because he couldn't read the sign in local language. And if modi has done wrong, like he has countless times since becoming PM.

And here's your post in case you forgot:

Just to be clear, it has never been my intention to lay blame or to side with a particular party in any of my posts that addresses Indian politics.

Jesus christ dude! This is why i didn't want to reply to your post in the first place. But did anyway :-/

You didn't get my point either. I said you're being too PC by NOT blaming any political party. Like you repeatedly said you didn't.

I'm saying sometimes you SHOULD. Call em out when they're wrong! The general lack of accountability in ANYTHING is one of the biggest problems with India and Indians. This is a very deep rooted issue that will take a huge amount of effort to correct.

Of course i blame all those who voted for the bjp for the current state of sh!t the country is in today. But are you saying that we shouldn't say anything about those who are directly responsible too? Maybe someone voted for the bjp believing all their bs promises to be true. Is he more at fault or the party? When they have clearly lied and proved false on all their claims.

I don't want to proceed with this conversation any further because you're just dragging it on for no reason. I had simply replied to your comment, regretting it now.

Quite a few years ago, perhaps the wisdom of age struck me, and i became disillusioned and gave up on all idealistic thoughts. This may sound nihilistic but i truly believe the human race is doomed and only extinction and evolution into a species without the selfish genes will work. We are hell bent on destroying ourselves, others and the planet. So i too have avoided politics like the plague, but ever since the extremist, terrorist (dictionary definition) activities of the ruling party increased, i started to speak out about it to anyone who would listen. Maybe a couple of years now. People ask me what's the use of us discussing this. My answer is if two people talk about an issue there is maybe a 0.000001% chance of something happening to change it. But if no one talks about it there is 0%. Which is exactly what they want. To shut us up. So again my point to you is, when something this ugly and evil is taking place, DO take a side and criticize it. Neutral is the easy way out.

p.s. i'm traveling from tomorrow so won't be able to visit and post on TE much. Peace out bro.

Politicians are, by the nature of their work, purely election contesting machines. To expect them to be capable of anything else is like expecting a mechanic to do surgery.
All parties when in power put off major decisions until important state elections are over but demonetisation happened before 4 state elections especially U.P.
Doesn't matter which part of the world you're in, studies show that more campaign money does increase one's chances of winning.
The amount of money one can spend on elections in India varies from state to state but is generally in the 50-70 lakh range which taking all the posters, flowers, banners, suv's, fireworks, sweets, biryani, booze etc. into account, is definitely not followed or enforced.
Now imagine if you're the only party with stock of freshly printed currency...

Not just mastermind. Their leadership is very clear on what’s to be done.

This is what Amit Shah told about demonetisation recently:

“I definitely believe that the formal economy has increased due to demonetisation. Money lying at various places is now part of the economy,”

Their various actions are in line with formalising the economy. This formalisation can happen only at the expense of people in non formal economy which you have rightly observed.

Whether it benefits the economy is debatable. But it benefits a central political leadership as there will be less chaos to deal with(aka raising money and business house/media opinion in favour) But even more, it can curb disruption in political status quo like the sudden raise of outfits like AAP by concentrating the power among business houses.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ If they really want to formalize the economy, what about the thousands of crores of black money that people like they themselves held. How many politicians and businessmen have had any impact during or after the demonetization process? 99%+ of the currency got bank into banks meaning that black money is safely exchanged and they still hold all their black money. All the processes are after the bottom layers of the society to follow. Forget individuals, as a political party they get can deal with any amount of money in the form of donations and what not and there is no auditing or scrutiny of their accounts by IT dept. They just need to submit a CA prepared document and that is that. They are free to get foreign funds too without any transparency while on the other hand, NGO's that are harmful to their business ventures could get shut down by freezing their monetary sources.

The real long term goal of the demonetization is likely that they wanted access to the money that people held whether its white or black by forcing their money into banks and ultimately gain control over people by holding their life's earnings to random.

Formalised economy doesn’t mean utopia. Even the most advanced economy will have dirty money. But it won’t be in loose change anymore. It will be more concentrated in the hands of fewer people.

Back