Holy Cow! What is going on..

Demonetisation will always look like a poorly thought out and badly executed plan because it's viewed as an economic measure.
It always was a political plan and a damn good one at that.
The number of people who don't know how use an ATM is quite large.
Surely, Lokpal would have been easier to implement and more effective against corruption.

Not sure i follow. Are you defending demonetisation?

No i'm not defending it. It's being portrayed as an attempt to remove black money. On that front it has failed and caused a lot of problems for everyone across the board.
I think demonetisation was aimed solely at ensuring a large victory in UP which would ensure a clear majority in Lok Sabha.
In conjunction with this, BJP also moved swiftly and threw a lot of effort into smaller state elections. remember how they outmaneuvered the congress in Goa (they staked a claim to government in less than 48 hrs) - this was to ensure a majority in Rajya Sabha (which is where most bills were being held up)
e.g. before demo: Aadhar was passed as a money bill since BJP lacked majority in Rajya Sabha
after demo: GST wouldn't have been possible without a majority in both houses

Politically, the BJP is clearly thinking ahead and planning better than other parties. If they were this focused and deliberate on administrative matters then the critics (including myself) would be silent.

No i'm not defending it. It's being portrayed as an attempt to remove black money. On that front it has failed and caused a lot of problems for everyone across the board.
I think demonetisation was aimed solely at ensuring a large victory in UP which would ensure a clear majority in Lok Sabha.
In conjunction with this, BJP also moved swiftly and threw a lot of effort into smaller state elections. remember how they outmaneuvered the congress in Goa (they staked a claim to government in less than 48 hrs) - this was to ensure a majority in Rajya Sabha (which is where most bills were being held up)
e.g. before demo: Aadhar was passed as a money bill since BJP lacked majority in Rajya Sabha
after demo: GST wouldn't have been possible without a majority in both houses

Politically, the BJP is clearly thinking ahead and planning better than other parties. If they were this focused and deliberate on administrative matters then the critics (including myself) would be silent.

Also I don't like how they're stopping the AAP govt from functioning in Delhi through their proxy governor. If they can do this to an elected government, then the President should make Delhi a Union territory again. Oh wait! The president is their guy too. I've never seen so much vendetta politics since 20 years back when the old politicians were young and running Congress, BJP, Shiv Sena, JDU, CPI-M and other parties.

@Crapmypants I'm going to withhold my response until i stop getting mixed signals.

I think the mixed signals is because i haven't singled out any one party and that's because I hate ALL politicians and think they're the cancer of this world.

i agree, stoking hate and anger against someone else is not right but i feel it's a double edged sword that will sooner or later bite them in the backside. It's never worked in the past and i don't see it succeeding here in the long run either.

Also I don't like how they're stopping the AAP govt from functioning in Delhi through their proxy governor.

This has been going on for so long I even forgot about it! Thanks for reminding me.

I read it twice and I still have no clue what he is going on about.

From what i understand, he's basically saying there are many ways to skin a cat but demo was the worst of the available options to clear out the shadow economy. He feels this was done due to lack of foresight and planning whereas i feel this was a deliberate move (set of moves actually) to gain as much power as possible.

History will end up being summarized thus: During a global financial crisis, India under MMS was doing better than most other economies, now that things are on the rise again, we are under-performing under Modi.

I will stick with the devious and smart people making calculated moves and centralizing power theory. Politically, we don't even have a viable opposition anymore and that to me is very scary. I think we need to accept that India will always have corruption and the only way to scale it down it is to decentralize power and have a weak unstable govt.

Getting almost threatening emails and messages daily to seed(?) my accounts with aadhaar. :mad::mad::mad:

Remind me, what democratic process was followed before this fiasco was shoved down our throats?

EXACTLY my thoughts. Citibank sent me a message today asking for credit card to be linked to Aadhaar by December 31.

AINT NO WAY IN HELL am I going to link credit cards to Aadhaar.

And can someone explain to me why I should be deprived of credit cards for lack of Aadhaar?? Wasn't this piece of crap supposed to be VOLUNTARY in the first place??? So now am I going to be discriminated against and denied access to credit for want of Aadhaar??

If this is not official oppression and coercion by the state then I don't know what is.

For now, just ignore such messages.

Word on the street is that banking and pan linking deadlines would be extended to Mar 31st. Not sure about mobiles though someone from the DOT said numbers would not be disconnected for not being linked.

The SC constitution bench is supposed to say something about this in Nov itself but my guess is they're just wasting time, in the meanwhile more and more people are linking out of fear and anxiety. At the end of it all, 99% of people would be linked and the conscientious objectors would be ridiculed for trying to be 1337 or whatever the PR wagon decides at that time.

Word on the street is that banking and pan linking deadlines would be extended to Mar 31st.
What's gonna happen after March 31st? Is dear leader gonna say "Mitrooooon... APRIL FOOL"?

I'm in dire need of cash so I sold some stocks but I can't transfer money to SBI account. As the old account was in one associate bank and after merger, details such as IFSC were updated. So my broking/trading account provider is asking to submit Aadhaar for re-verification. Like, I didn't change anything. It was the largest merger in India which affected millions of people, why aren't you working with SBI to update your data? And why must I go to Bank to attest my bank statement from bank manager? What happened to digital India?

What a circus.

Now India Post wants to link your house address with an electronic number

Pilot project to evaluate digital addresses' effectiveness: DoP
Currently, a large number of addresses in the country are difficult to comprehend when read digitally. "For example, an address such as 147, Pocket XX, 2A, Janakpuri can be easily identified online by a digital address such as 8GDTYX. This can be further linked with other associated amenities such as property tax and ownership details, civic amenities etc," an official of the company said.

or increasingly, kill (or threaten to kill) people who voice their opinion.

I don't know why the BJP govt is siding with those retarded anti-padmavati violence prone groups. its just a stupid film. what kind of message the govt is giving? is it okay to threaten beheading actors and producers / directors for one film?

So by that mind set, it should be okay now for people to go on a rampage and kill all politicians and their entire family and relatives because they looted our country for so many years.

^^ they themselves have nothing to fear, all the current looting has been legalised...

even the movie has been released after cbfc ratings. so if the people want, we can go on a "cull the politicians" spree. if they can ignore legalities, it shouldn't matter to the common people too.

Back