Home inverter for fridge?

If one uses 24v system BMS is not much use. For a 48V system it starts to get useful. In my 24v ups I once a year do a manual 15v charge per battery, using a separate charger.

Unless you deep discharge your battery daily like for solar use, those BMS systems are not going to increase your battery life span, if you have several 48v packs in parallel then it makes sense.

If one uses 24v system BMS is not much use. For a 48V system it starts to get useful. In my 24v ups I once a year do a manual 15v charge per battery, using a separate charger.

Unless you deep discharge your battery daily like for solar use, those BMS systems are not going to increase your battery life span, if you have several 48v packs in parallel then it makes sense.
@rdst_1 This is what I wanted to say. Everyday you wont be using the inverter battery power right & that too to discharging batteries to 20% >. If yes then better have a very concrete management system as even the best of best management systems arent going to be 100% sure about maintaining healthy battery life as your frequent batteries usage will kill it anyways.
And most inverter batteries last easily approximately 4-5 yrs with regular power cuts.

I have the same clamp meter. Also have a Uni-t made one, they are slighly higher in accuracy then mastech but better then the base model budget flukes. As per one review while not the measurement of current but rather volts was as good as some 1000$ or more bench grade multimeter.
Way i get around the accuracy issue for current measurement is to use a multiplication coil. I don't think these meters are good on their own for anything under 2.5A. Above is ok so I have a 15 turn coil that gets around this. Was a bit sceptical about the uni-t meter as i found other rebrands of the same meter for less so chose the mastech

These meters came out in 2012 :O

Last edited:
Thanks guys. We get 8+ hrs cut once every month in the name of maintenance. We don't get any major power cuts otherwise, but if there is any issue, say after 6PM,it will get checked and rectified at 8AM the next morning. So, in my case, whenever the batteries are going to be used, they will probably see deep discharges as they will be supplying for 8-14 hrs.
I only need the inverter to run my TV+DTH, a couple of lights, my laptop, router and the Airgrid M5 HP that connects to the internet. Also my surveillance system in the near future. For major loads, I will have a DG set. I usually don't need for my fridge to run during the cut, but if I do have the option due to the available capacity, I might use it for one of my fridges.
I will probably be going for a 48V system now with a single battery bank of 4 batteries and add another bank if needed in the future.

Back