Audio Home theatre system upto 8K

Guys,

I need to buy it for my friend. He already has a 42" TV. Kindly pour in your recommendations on the audio system that can be bought till 8K

You can check out the Edifier DA 500 pro, I have seen it being recommended many time on TE, I dont know the actual price but its around 8-10k,
Other than that for that amount there are the Sony, Philips etc HTiB options available, I cant write about their sound quality, but you always audition them at a showroom, I am little inclined towards Sony in this field
You can expect only HTiB system in this price range, component HT systems are more pricier

You can check out Philips entry-level models. Sounds decent with 300W rms (@30% THD) upto medium volumes. It is difficult to get a Sony in your budget, unless you want to settle for "component Hi-Fi" from Sony.

If you are choosing from Philips or Sony, check out the models in price range, audition them, and based on the conclusion go for the best
Yep sony ones are little pricier, but you should definitely at least listen to the model

Ask your friend to up the budget a bit and get something that offers at least one digital input to the system. It is pointless to get a HT system nowadays without a Dolby D/DTS decoder.

Go to any consumer electronics retailer (Reliance Digital/Croma), check behind the receiver if it has a SPDIF input - optical or coaxial.

Back