Car & Bike Honda Amaze v/s Nissan Sunny

Petrol & diesel depend on your how you plan to use. You are the one who decides it.

Its balancing between daily uses - maintenance consideration. To make it complex comes fuel prices.

Well, Diesel model gives higher efficiency, and Diesel cost is lower. So doesn't the Diesel version become a no-brainer? Am I missing something?

yes but diesel engine requires daily use, once in a while use will surely invite maintenance.

I am not against diesel but just suggesting !

Honda Amaze. Overall just a well built car with a well established service and support network that comes with Honda. Build quality seems good from the inside although equipment levels could have been much better. The size i think is just about ok for daily city use and is therefore more agile than the Sunny.

Disclaimer : Honda Fan. Edit: Having said that, I remember the Amaze's refinement isn't on par with what one usually expects from Honda. But i think their troubles with noise n vibrations carrying through to the cabin have to do with the lighter body and construction commonality with the Brio coupled with their first experience using a Diesel engine. Performance wise ofcourse the car does live up to most of the expectations and then some for the Diesel.

How do I go about selecting the model? There's a barrage of them. I still need to hear more on the petrol v/s diesel issue.

By Model you mean trim level/version?

And what issue about Petrol v/s Diesel? From a return on investment perspective or cost of running.. it would depend on what the utilisation level he is looking to achieve in the year. The basic understanding being, that Diesel models are priced higher compared to Petrol due to the lopsided demand for the oil burner as a result of the pricing disparity and therefore will payoff only if your utilisation will make the most of the investment over the targeted period of ownership. Higher maintenance, individual part costs need to be factored in, in addition to higher insurance rates based on the price of the diesel model compared to the Petrol.

So if one has a good idea of the annual mileage or utilisation, then the calculations are much simpler. Personal preferences apply also.. many people prefer the responsiveness and refinement of a Petrol over a Diesel even if the FE difference is significant (like me). Those who are absolutely driven by FE due to a high annual mileage/utilisation.. prefer a diesel even though the running costs and parts are generally more expensive.

I got a Sunny.

Cons:

1. Brake got some issue. Nissan India also claims. Too much play on the lever for my liking and some black powdery deposit on front wheels. They say break pad issue :mad:
2. Not a fan of the Gear. The Gear box is confused and adamant sometimes. :)
3. Level of Service is a hit or miss.
4. Front seats have no comfort :mad:
5. No center arm rest for front seats

Pros:

Big Car, Bit refined, AWESOME REAR SEATS

I am a life long honda fan, but the amaze diesel variant just didnt make the cut for me. The car lacks refinement, rear seating is not comfi for 3 people, very basic interiors. Have never tried the sunny, so cant comment on that one.
Y not the swift desire or ford eco sport? Both the cars imho score higher than the amaze.

^^

Well you need to drive the Sunny to take my opinion on comfort. All in my family and my friends like the comfort. All seats. But somehow, I didn't approve of the front seats.
And yea center arm rest is a wonderful thing to have. Sunny doesn't.

But I wouldn't go for Amaze. Somehow the design is too compact or cramped or something is off. But yea Honda. My choice was between City, Sunny, Vento.
All had things i liked and disliked. But City and Vento are just too common in roads. So wanted something different.

1. Brake got some issue. Nissan India also claims. Too much play on the lever for my liking and some black powdery deposit on front wheels. They say break pad issue :mad:
Thats brake dust and its normal with disc brakes. If there's too much play, you need to bleed your brake fluid.

yes but diesel engine requires daily use, once in a while use will surely invite maintenance.
Myth :p

Agree that the dezire has a better interior. . But the 100 bhp 200 nm torque of the Honda diesel and comfortable rear seating of 3 made me buy the amaze . In any case car choice is a very highly subjective issue . Just my 2 cents worth .:)

There is nothing wrong with the interiors of the amaze either and yes d.engine is far more responsive as compared to the desire. But the amaze diesel lacks refinement. I drove a 1200km driven amaze and it vibrates. You can feel the engine on the front and rear seats.
Like you said, it's all subjective here. Whats works for you, might not work for me and vice versa.
But simply for your reference sake, try out a diesel polo or Vento and one gets a clear idea of how good a well made diesel car performs on road.

There is nothing wrong with the interiors of the amaze either and yes d.engine is far more responsive as compared to the desire. But the amaze diesel lacks refinement. I drove a 1200km driven amaze and it vibrates. You can feel the engine on the front and rear seats.
Like you said, it's all subjective here. Whats works for you, might not work for me and vice versa.
But simply for your reference sake, try out a diesel polo or Vento and one gets a clear idea of how good a well made diesel car performs on road.
Yeah I did contemplate the polo when buying the amaze but Vw 's unreliable spares and service put me off it . I am a member of team bhp so I have read many Vw / Skoda horror stories there . So I played it safe and bought an amaze . P.S. I have owned two marutis before and the too were trouble free . But maruti service is cheap is a myth .

Yeah I did contemplate the polo when buying the amaze but Vw 's unreliable spares and service put me off it . I am a member of team bhp so I have read many Vw / Skoda horror stories there . So I played it safe and bought an amaze . P.S. I have owned two marutis before and the too were trouble free . But maruti service is cheap is a myth .

The problem is with the dealers and not with skoda/vw as such. There is a polo and a laura in the family and my cousins have not had any trouble till date.
I agree with the myth part. These german cars are called in only once a yr for service and it costs around 7.5k to 12k. unless ofcource there is some major work. Honda calls my car 4 times in a year. If i go by hondas schedule, total service costs me 16.5k and it consists all kinda stupid stuff which i dont think is or should be needed.
With Marutis, its not that the service is cheap, whats amazing with em is that any mechanic can handle the car, cause the parts are available everywhere and at a very cheap price. also alternates to the original are plenty.

Back