Budget 15-20K Honor 8 for 18k?

indy1811

Skilled
Planning to get a phone for my mom. She wants a compact phone with a great camera. The only options i can think of are the Honor 8 and the Moto G5 plus at the 17-18k price point. What do you guys think?

Are there any better camera-oriented phones at this price point?

The Honor 8 will have a better camera, faster performance (due to a better SoC) and is a sleeker and better looking phone. But UI and updates wise, the Moto will easily take the cake while battery life should be slightly better on the Moto too.

The Honor 8 will have a better camera, faster performance (due to a better SoC) and is a sleeker and better looking phone. But UI and updates wise, the Moto will easily take the cake while battery life should be slightly better on the Moto too.

True, if it was me for me it would have been a no-brainer. It's for my mom. Things like UI and updates don't really matter for her. All she wants is good camera with a manageable display size. Anyway, ordered the Honor 8.

Yeah. I ordered the Mi4i for my mom when it was released and she didn't care much about the UI, updates or slow performance as the display, size and camera of the phone were good at that price range.

Hope you have a nice experience :)

PS - Just shoot honor an email as i heard they had a 24 month warranty, not 12. Maybe check that out, especially if you're ordering from FK.

Back