Honor 8 Pro launched at 30k (6GB,128GB); 4000mAh battery

swatkats

Skilled
CAObvMy.jpg

dmcgaFa.jpg

The Honor 8 Pro has been launched in India and its price in India is Rs. 29,999 for 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM. It is definitely going to create a buzz and is a tough competitor to the OnePlus 5 that is selling from Rs. 32,999.

So finally the Honor 8 Pro is here and it comes with an unbelievable price tag. Specs wise it does compete with the OnePlus 5 and guess what price wise it is cheaper, plus there are additional features that are unique like the wide aperture mode wherein you get bokeh type effect, you can use that in videos too.

Coming to the specifications the Honor 8 Pro is dual SIM using hybrid slot with 4G / VoLTE support. Screen is 5.7 inches with Quad HD resolution. Also protected with Gorilla glass 3, 2.5D curved glass. Android Nougat runs the show.

Honor 8 Pro specifications

• 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display, 515 PPI, 94.5% NTSC Color Gamut
  • Octa-Core 4 x CortexA53 (1.8GHz) + 4 x ARTEMIS (2.4GHz) Kirin 960 processor with Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
  • 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
  • Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.1
  • Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
  • 12MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras, dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 4k video recording
  • 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
  • Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
  • Dimensions: 157 x 77.50 x 6.97mm; Weight: 184g
  • 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
  • 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging

Last edited:
So does this cpu match the sd 820/821 or sd 835 ?
I like the quad hd part at 30k .
Would like to see some real world usage reviews before taking the plunge .

I lost all love for 5-5" screens. I hope they make something in the 5" size :(

Samsung is going to launch a 5.3" Infinity Display Samsung S8 Mini, which will have footprint of 4.5" regular bezel phone. Buy that.

So does this cpu match the sd 820/821 or sd 835 ?
I like the quad hd part at 30k .
Would like to see some real world usage reviews before taking the plunge .

Its comparable to 820.

Honor 9 rocks the same Kirin 960 chip that you'd find in the Huawei P10, which should be plenty fast in everyday usage but it's a generation behind the brand-new Snapdragon 835 it'll show a difference in benchmark testing too.

It don't be very noticeable in day-to-day use, though, and the Honor 8 Pro will still be one of the fastest Androids on the market.

I am okay with few milliseconds slow viz-a-viz feature richness.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are pissed of with oneplus 5, for camera, display and design...
this is the perfect choice...

only gripe might be the custom rom support and the aging of the processor.[DOUBLEPOST=1499402312][/DOUBLEPOST]add to note...
I belong to one of the pissed off category...
(Owner of oneplus one)

Bought this! And am loving it! Got it on the prime day sale on 11th. On 12th it was already delivered :) Cheers to that!
The phone is pretty snappy. It looks and feels awesome. It clicks some of the best pics I've ever taken using a smartphone. I feel, this dual camera setup is best under 40k coming next to pixel and lg g6. Plus 6gb ram and 128gb storage. You cannot ask for more at 30k. This thing flies through everything I throw at it. No matter how many apps you want to keep in memory, keep em and multitasking is breeze. There is seamless switching of apps.

The greatest part is the 2k display alongside 4000mAh battery with quick charge. I don't know about others but my phone went 30 to 100 in an hour. Till now it gave 5hours 44mins SOT. The 2k display is superb for VR. And that VR Box is awesome, thanx to Honor for including it. Because now I realized how cool VR is. And this is probably one of the things which will be missing even at 40k or even 50k range phones. This is simply unique to Honor 8 Pro.

Oh and I forgot to mention. Since I ordered it on Prime Day with a HDFC card, I got 15% cashback, it will be 2k cashback and 1k I had got as amazon pay balance again some cashback from some order. So it cost me 27k. I think I couldn't have asked for more at this price.[DOUBLEPOST=1500007312][/DOUBLEPOST]
only gripe might be the custom rom support and the aging of the processor.
The next day of the official sale of this phone, there is already RROS BETA available. And yesterday, custom kernel was launched with hell lot of features :D
And to everyones surprise, Huawei has already released the source code B).
Cheers to them!

Back