Car & Bike Horrible service by wasan motors(deonar) for a cheap car tata nano

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well as you might have me seen most of time praising tata nano and the company for its sheer brilliance even though lot of people were still saying you can never go right with tata.

And now is the point i have to believe it.

Well i was not the one straight to go for the car but just in original lottery we got the car in just 2 months time hence we went for it.

Right from start the mileage was nothing as sort of to be proud of and also i was new to cars i thought my driving at low gears is giving me horrible mileage of around 10kmpl.TO check whether its pump issue.

I changed 5 petrol pumps but no difference.

I drive continuous 15 days on highway at 4am and the max i got on highway was 14 with and without ac.

I thought once the service is done car will get better.

In middle tata used to organise parties for tata owners and their staff used to state come to our workshop if you feel there is wrong with mileage.

Another chap ask what is the exact mileage they must get.And they never gave proper reply but atmost settle with 15 in city if not getting come to our workshop.

At same time my 2nd service was due.I went to station and tell them to check mileage at same workshop Wasan deonar.Their answer we dont have the machine to check.And he did some shitty filter changes and said they cleared ac duct tapes that might be causing the issue.

But to no avail again i checked and it was still around 9 to 12kmpl.

But the car was in working state and as i m hardly using cars except emergency journey it wasnt a big fuss for me.

Now in october 2011 i got a letter that tata nano being recall for starter motor up-gradation.

SInce i hardly used to get any positive response.I delayed untill a call in december last week i fixed an appointment with them for the upgradation.

The issue with cars were.

1::Less mileage

2::Battery was leaking somewhat.Cant used to make out except white powder deposition.

On 3rd january 2012 i went to there center.

As always they tried their trick do ac fungus treatment ,under body rust treatment etc.

I said straight just do the up gradation and give me my car.

They did the same and gave me my car with 270 bill.

On check i found they charged some 220 for standard inspection and with labou and distilled water to nano it went to 270.

I didnot made much fuzz and just left the centre.

Within a week the car look as if the engine was slowed abit and also now lot of whie powder deposition started to happen across the battery.

On 28th January 2012 the car died down.As soon as i start ignition car used to give tic tic tic noise from starter motor as well as battery side.

The car used to start only via push car method.

I called wasan tata deoner and they said you need to tow the car and bring to their centre.

My friend told it will cost anywhere between 500 buks.

I started the car with push car method and dropped it on sunday at their workshop.As only watchmen was present.I gave the car no job card given.

On 29th i got call from same chap who handled my car in starter motor upgradation.I gave him all the reasons.Car doesnt start ,battery white powder deposit.And also a new problem that when i fill complete petrol the gauge never goes pass the half way mark.

The chap said he will have look and will call back.

On 30th i receive no call.I get a call on 31st for my rc xerox and battery card.I said i dont have battery card as tata never gave me and fax the rc xerox.

The chap says that car battery is out and they will replace the battery and will call back.Again on 1st i receive no call.I call in evening and chap says car is ready.

As i was busy i delayed it one day.I made a call on 2nd so that when i come car is cleaned as always in my service period i use to wait 1 hour for car getting clean as it was never ready.

I call and chap says they are waiting for negative report for battery once done than they will replace the battery.I was shocked i said yesterday you said its ready.

He said sorry i thought you some other car owner>your car not ready.

I again call on 3rd still no negative report.

On 4th i blasted the chap stating for a nano you take 8 days and cant replace a 3k battery .He was like unless we get the report we cant help.

I said when should i come to get the car than.

He says come on monday.6th.

Yesterday.As i was busy and having less faith with the workshop i missed and thought to take it today.

Today i called the chap and he says he is undergoing some shitty training in pune and said to call workshop.

I did and lady says that the report is showing open.Meaning its still pending.

I was like why isnt it ready and she says you call tomorrow when the chap comes back from training.

The chap might be knowing he is going for training than why a false promise and still no work done.

Even if the car is ready tomorrow i am sure my other issue regarding mileage and fuel guage wont have been addressed.

I have decided to bring this matter to higher tata motors authority and also make aware future buyer of car that even a small car like nano just for replacing the battery you must be ready to waste 15 days even though its in warranty.

Someone please post the link of my incident on team-bhp or try to contact some authority who can bring this issue to higher ups.

Also i tried posting in complaint section of tata motors but i haven't received any call from them.

Can someone help me in that regard.

I am sure ill be also given a good bill in hand.

As i haven't got the job card as proof of car with them i planing to make visit to their centre in few hours.

Guys i am really pissed at this whole matter and have made my mind never to go with a tata car in future.

though i feel sorry for your problem i suppose the best thing you could do is post a mail for higher ups in the tata management or make a similar thread in any of the reputed automotive forums.

been hearing that TATA is trying to sort their niggles out so if nay negative reviews come out on the web they may notice your case.

I blasted on tata nano page on facebook.They replied immediately to give details on their customercare id.I have forwarded this thread link.

Lets see what they do now.

Problem is i dont have team bhp id.My 18th attempt to register is due.Lolz.

Just any member over there can post the link how the service chap treats people with nano than what would be fate of people who own aria or manza.

Never ever buy a Tata car. Unfortunately even I learned this the hard way! Uske baad Tata ko hamesha ke liye Tata kar diya!!

Got mail from tata motors.

Thank you for writing to us.

We have noted the contents of your email dated 07.02.12. At the outset, we regret the inconvenience caused to you

With a copy of this email, we are intimating our Regional office, Mumbai to provide all necessary support and address the reported issues resolved at the earliest.

In case of any further assistance and action plan regarding your grievances, please feel free to contact Mr. Devendra #$%# Customer Support Manager on 98195*****.

Assuring you of our best services

Thanking you

For Tata Motors

Customer Care Team

Mumbai

I am going through same ordeal with Nisaan.I wish our laws were stronger.Worse part i cant even send mail to Nissan as their contact us page is broken.

OMG i was plan to save money to buy an nano car and i saw the horrible review about service, and i am back out at Tata motor due to lack of cheat horrible service,

so i am plan to buy maruti 800/Alto soon an second hand would be enough for less maintenance cost and avoid an headache issue

Same here was planning to buy a Nano.

Ended up buying a Alto and i am really happy with it,every news paper here and there keep posting it caught on fire,,

I guess something has to do with the Engine..

Tata nano was released as a kind of beta ! Service centers in India are like this for all brands.most rich customers get better service as they pay padded bills.i own a tata indigo and love it.no problems.and get it serviced at a private garage dealing with tata diesel engined cars,.fantastic experience.but i sympathize with you! Escalate the issue and keep us posted!

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

lol suzuki took over 2 months to repair my gs150r(just handlebar replacement) because of supposedly insurance claim takes time(promised time was 10 days though). After getting it back I noticed later than the headlight was set up such that the beams weren't falling on the road even with the adjustment screw at max. so now i am riding around blind at night coz its better than dealing with the service guys
<

The way I see it, terrible service is just a side effect of good sales and our compromising mentality and isn't limited to any single company.

Metalspree which car you own?

And a gist of your problem.

Nissan Xtrail.

Problem: Nissan service $ucks , i have been giving same complaints over past 5 years and yet they havent fixed it. The problem is AC rattles a lot it was little noisy than usuall till last month now its so noisy that i cant turn it on. Clutch is really really hard everytime i give for service my problem is clutch being too hard , over the last 5 years they have been telling the same thing we have fixed we have fixed it. These days i used to get bad knee ache and it wass all due to the stupid clutch. After 5 years and numerous complains today the service folks say clutch is worn out. I was like WTF my corolla, innova,civc which have gone close 1 lac do not have problem but this shitty xtrail is already screwing me.

I have written mails 1 month ago to Nissan but none were replied, their customer care is a joke. The most $h!!ty company is Nissan. I have decided to give a try one last time if not working out leave the car at serivce station till they fix it at their cost doesnt matter 1 month or 6 months. I did not pay 25 lacs to go thru this cr@p.

Bangalore folks avoid Nissan coz Shahwar Nissan sucks and cars are serviced by inexperinced techs. If something goes wrong all they do is replace part. IIRC shahwar Nissan even used to service Skoda , Toyota cars along with Nissan.

I really wish our laws were strict else all these companies will continue to take customers for a ride.

Todays ordeal

I call that bas#$% service advisor who upgraded my starter motor.

He doesn't pick the call.

I call wasan motors deonar workshop.

Asked whats my car status.SHe asks why dont you call the advisor and ask.

I said that bas#$ is not picking my call.SHe says in billin department your bill is not present hence its not repaired .

I blasted her bad stating why isnt it ready yet.She says the chap will come tomorrow.You talk to him.I said you call your own bas#$% collegue and ask why isnt it ready because that dumb-head is not picking my call.

She said she will contact back in few minutes.

After 5 mins she calls back .And now she sings the same song by tomorrow your car battery will come from exide. And than it will be ready.As the report has still not come and if i have any trouble or chat i should contact the advisor.

I went polite and said fine just prepare a copy of job card i am coming to their workshop to collect same.

Now the ladies tune changes.Its with the advisor in his locker and he is not here.He writes over it with pen whats the problem so even if i prepare a copy it will be of no use.

She says you call back tomorrow the idiot advisor will be there and you get what you want.

At same time i was with my friend ,he said why are you taking it so light.He said the company owns around 50-100 crore workshop over the place.And new car battery atleast for nano will cost 3000-5000 rupees.Even if you give it to road side mechanic to claim warranty.He will give a spare battery for free or atmost 200-300 cost for the period till warranty is claimed.

Cant they arrange a spare battery for you to use for time being.

Also what if tomorrow that advisor take medical leave or just get crush under some vehicle.Does the whole wasan tata workshop work under that one chap or what.

Agreeing to his concern i decided to go directly to their workshop tomorrow morning.Also i called the tata motors head devender whose mail i receive.

He asked for my car number and car details like name on whom register.And my work will be done .

Have decided i wont leave it easy.Even if tomorrow car is ready .I'll do a full petrol tank.And if fuel gauge is not repaired.WIll throw back the car at service center and will ask refund of bill pay.I wont let the issue sort out so easily because of the careless attitude of the service chap.

Metalspree Ill suggest you do the same.As you do have spare cars.Ill suggest you take the car to service centre talk hard to repair and you wont pick the car untill the problem is resolved.Also take all proof like car delivered at workshop.What job need to be done and so on.

Also since your car is expensive one you can say straight if this stuff isnt repair you will contact media and bring to notice this issue.Since its their main margin earning segment they will take it seriously.

Also if you want you can contact pehredar on cnbc awaz.As you might have all necessary documents to register your protest and the parent company is not answering.In my case tata motors have asked for detail.Now i am on wait and watch.But i just wont settle with battery issue.Ill take up the mileage issue with them.

I have sent 2 letters to their corporate offices blasting them. Lets see what goes on now. I have a recipt confirming the car is with them. Will be visiting the service center in 30 minutes. Please pass me info on CNBC Aawaz.

I have sent 2 letters to their corporate offices blasting them. Lets see what goes on now. I have a recipt confirming the car is with them. Will be visiting the service center in 30 minutes. Please pass me info on CNBC Aawaz.

Metal get the details from here.

https://www.facebook...ehredar?sk=info

Mail them.No point posting on their wall because already 1000 of items look there but no reply from them.

Also the phone /sms number doesn't look correct to me.

Ill watch the channel and will post more details like phone number or sms number to contact them.

Thanks saar appreciate the help.Here is what happend today at the Nissan service center.manager is asking one more to give a update on the car but he was 90% sure that they will not fix for free.I asked him to take out all the complaint which were reported from day one he did duly accept that the complaint of AC making lot of noise and clutch being hard is consistent but no ready to fix them .The charges are 1.20Lacs
<
<

I have already spoken to a few Teambhp members who are ready to help me in starting a thread there.Once my thread goes live in Teambhp will post a link here so you folks can follow.I have decided to take these guys to consumer court.

Nissan Service manager says saar you have to change clutch plate for every 50K kms i was like WTF .I am 100% sure that the car is screwed up by Shahwar Nisaan( Service center Bangalore) because untill 2010 they had in experinced poeple as a matter of fact they have idiots working there even now.

Yes do the same.

Also once its on team bhp.I am sure you wil surely get some serious help.I was assuming the same but so far i dont know any person who is on team bhp .And no one so far posted on my behalf.Anyways I'll try to find some more help if i can see.

Also Ill try to arrange to find details of cnbc awaaz pehredar so once the car is in service they also get some pressure.Till the time.If possible try to get service record of all the work done from them in copy.

Also try to post your incident on facebook page of nissan india and also see if they have twitter handle.

I have heard ceo keep a tab on twitter handles.

Visted the workshop directly.

The chap was over there i talk to receptionist and she directly directed me to the manager.

I had a talk with her.Same attitude report will come by tomorrow and we dont provide spare batteries for such repairs.

I asked for vehicle delivery report and now planned to try to contact pehredar as well as drag them to consumer court.

I didnot make much issue.But surely if tomorrow it isnt ready they will see a blast tomorrow.

As soon as i reached home had received a scrap from tata nano facebook page to forward my car number or complaint number.

I did so.Just an hour back Mr devender whom i had called earlier called me that he had talk with dealership and by tomorrow evening tata motors will change and give brand new battery to your car.

I said i had other issues too with car which the workshop haven't talk yet.He too said might be that have been cleared and only battery work pending.I said if my other issues aren't handled ill give him a call back.He obliged.

Now my line of action::

I wont post much detail as this thread might be on tracking.I plan to clear bills and check my fuel guage issue.If it isnt addressed will throw the car back to the garage and will file a case.

Also once this matter overs ,Say all clear from workshop side.I still will forward the matter to channel cnbc for an apology and bring to all notice that for a battery how workshops waste people time whereas they could have given me used battery for time being till my battery returned.Also might keep option open for a consumer court case.

Back