Graphic Cards How 3D play back works with Graphic cards

Hi everyone,
I have some queries on 3D supporting Graphic cards.
If I install a graphic card with 3D support, can I play and 3D video using VLC player and get the 3D output through the GC HDMI?
GC will detect it as 3D? or OS has to?
If GC will output 3D , then 3D LCD TV will detect the 3D supply?
And please suggest a good quality (ATI) 3D graphic card - not much for gaming.. for Video play back only.
regards,
Anand

Yes! then play SBS 3D Video in VLC and set your display to SBS Mode and you would be able to see 3D playback properly. You don't need any special graphics card for 3D viewing even Intel HD Graphics would suffice your need.

There are two types of 3D - side by side which any player and any graphics card can play. The latter is the frame packed MVC codec that exists on 3D blurays. This can only be played by cards that are compatible (AMD 6570 or higher/NVIDIA GT430 or higher) and requires software that can decode the same. Not all software supports decoding of this.

I couldnot find an option in VLC to set 3D video out so that TV will detect the signal as 3D. Both monitor and TV are displaying the double images. LeftRight/ Updown.
Any idea how to set this option in VLC menu?

Change your monitor mode to SBS 3D to convert LeftRight video to 3D automatically. No need to change any setting in VLC.

There might me some menu or physical button related to 3D settings, my 3D monitor have a physical button for this.

@anandkrishnantc ...which TV do you have? I have a Samsung and there is an option to play 3D (a button actually). Depending on your source you will get options. If the pictures are split in two vertically (SBS mode) select the same and you will get the TV Similarly for pictures which are split horizontally. Choose the option put on your glasses and you have 3D. Such options will be there in any brand of TV of course. The player does not matter, you can use VLC windows media player or any other.

I have Sony Bravia. The TV will have 3D settings active when its playing from Blueray or HDD> But could not see that option active when playing from a PC using VLC. Need to try again.

My 3d tv too has the option to choose the mode of 3d but one of my friend who has an older generation of sony bravia doesnt have this option . For him 3d works directly from BD player but when connected to pc via HDMI there isnt any option to convert sbs video to 3D . One option is to use KMPlayer , download it and see if thats helpful .

Back