Monitors How are AOC monitors compared to Dell ?

ivhere

Adept
I am thinking about getting an IPS monitor and interested in getting an AOC monitor. But AOC does not have many reviews available online.
I am Interested in AOC D2367ph (3d, IPS one). Available locally for 14k.

How are AOC monitors compared to Dell? Aren't AOC have LG panels inside?

Last edited:
i am using the AOC 27 inch IPS monitor. I am damn happpy with it, infact my brother uses the dell 24 inch IPS, and they are quite good next to each other. the dell IPS is more subdued, but that can be adjusted with settings, since I use my monitor primarily for movies...

in short, go for it! but interms of 3d, i have no idea :D

Thumbs up for AOC. Been using AOC monitors for last 4 years, and recently i bought AOC 32" LED TV and again i am happy with it. It is VFM and build quality and everything is good. Be it monitor or TV, go ahead with AOC.

Thumbs up for AOC. Been using AOC monitors for last 4 years, and recently i bought AOC 32" LED TV and again i am happy with it. It is VFM and build quality and everything is good. Be it monitor or TV, go ahead with AOC.

which model of the 32 inch led did you pickup?

The monitor seems to be decent, but you must know that it's not a true 120hz experience which is required for actual 3D. I think that's interpolation, cause I don't think as of now technology exists to run pure 120 refreshes a second on an IPS panel. Therefore, most pure 120/144hz monitor use the TN panels.

AFAIK the current best 120/144hz monitor is the BenQ XL2411T which can be availed for 21,500 on snapdeal. The monitor even supports the lightboost hack which is surreal.

Thanks for opinions Guys. So AOC makes good monitors and I should get an AOC, Right?
The monitor seems to be decent, but you must know that it's not a true 120hz experience which is required for actual 3D. I think that's interpolation, cause I don't think as of now technology exists to run pure 120 refreshes a second on an IPS panel. Therefore, most pure 120/144hz monitor use the TN panels.

AFAIK the current best 120/144hz monitor is the BenQ XL2411T which can be availed for 21,500 on snapdeal. The monitor even supports the lightboost hack which is surreal.
3D is not my primary requirement. I Need a good IPS monitor and 3D capability is just an Extra feature.

@ivhere; what is the Dell model that you have in mind that you want to pit against the choosen AOC?
I was searching for reviews of Dell U2412 here at TE. But I have found this during my search: http://www.techenclave.com/communit...m-panel-guarantee-u2412m.141825/#post-1751840

and I decided not to go with a company which provides a lower model monitor than you own in RMA replacement. Then I started to search for alternatives and found AOC monitors are pretty good in specifications and AOC 3D models only costs 1k more then normal IPS model hence I am more interested in this specific model.

Initially AOC had it own share of troubles, atleast Dell made it a point in telling they were letting go off 17k in refund, but i doubt will AOC even think this route. Yes Dell has some share of bleeding issues.
The Dell U2412M uses a e-IPS panel , while AOC makes use of the newer AH-IPS panels. I have no clue what difference does it really make to the overall product. I have no comparisoin for both the panels, but only from wiki or TFT central!

The Dell U2412M uses a e-IPS panel , while AOC makes use of the newer AH-IPS panels. I have no clue what difference does it really make to the overall product.
Depends on the model, some AOC models use AH-IPS (i2367Fh), some use e-IPS (i2353Ph). One of the differences is that e-IPS is a 6-bit + FRC panel, while AH-IPS is usually 8-bit.

Update: Purchased aoc D2367ph monitor. Amazing picture quality and I was thinking that 3d feature is just a plus but I was wrong, Gaming Experience in 3d is amazing on this monitor and I could not explain it in words.[DOUBLEPOST=1378157008][/DOUBLEPOST]I have just found that It have LM230WFA-S2Z2 panel, what kind of IPS Panel is this?

Last edited:
Nice to hear that you enjoy the TV. When i pick up my TV, that is the lowest priced model in 32" TV segment in that whole showroom, but still it didn't disappoint me in terms of quality.

I have been using AOC 18.5" LCD monitor (716Sw) since approx. 2 years and no issues till now! :D
It's not only about it's stability/durability, It's about quality. People think AOC as chinese brand sometimes and they say quality is not good. It's may not be at par with Sony Bravia but it is not bad either.

There was some audio noise when monitor connected to external speaker. So I made a complaint to AOC about the issue and they are sending a replacement under DOA. AOC have very good customer care, I am happy that I have not went for Dell.

Back