How are Midea Air Conditioners

I have this 2 ton installed in my living room. This is a good budget A/C with support from Carrier but the power consumption is too much than an inverter A/C even though it is star rated. It would be better to buy inverter A/C considering that the higher price paid can be saved through the power consumption.

I will have low usage, but i am worried about the quality, i had already ordered it yesterday and then cancelled after reading negative reviews about the brand here.

I will have low usage, but i am worried about the quality, i had already ordered it yesterday and then cancelled after reading negative reviews about the brand here.
The A/C is good and the service is good as carrier takes up the service as per the service chart.

I have this 2 ton installed in my living room. This is a good budget A/C with support from Carrier but the power consumption is too much than an inverter A/C even though it is star rated. It would be better to buy inverter A/C considering that the higher price paid can be saved through the power consumption.

Is the ODU noisy? i got it installed today, the ODU makes a lot of noise compared to my other ACs, the installation guy did a shoddy job, was in a hurry, have complained to Flipkart.

There is water dripping from the ODU , from the gas pipe connectors, it stops when the AC is switched off, whats causing this?

Is the ODU noisy? i got it installed today, the ODU makes a lot of noise compared to my other ACs, the installation guy did a shoddy job, was in a hurry, have complained to Flipkart.
Only normal noise, infact I do not hear the noise much when inside. The water should drip from the outlet provided and not from anywhere else. With that water dripping and noise, I think the installation might not have been done properly. Register complaint with carrier and call them to complete the job properly.

So many screwed up installations i see. The idiots used are clueless and that is because they are hired at lowest cost available. Definitely register a complaint and have them look at it. An inadequate installation can have efficiency considerations over time. It needs to be done properly.

Only normal noise, infact I do not hear the noise much when inside. The water should drip from the outlet provided and not from anywhere else. With that water dripping and noise, I think the installation might not have been done properly. Register complaint with carrier and call them to complete the job properly.
Flipkart sent someone from jeeves to look at it, he told me that the water dripping is normal, the insulation wasnt done correctly on the upper portion where the pipe comes out of the wall outside., he added foam but the water dripping has not stopped. According to him this happens with all ACs, should i have this looked at again?

I had also complained to Carrier , no one has even turned up yet from carrier, they are pathetic, the jeeves guy told me the foam is to absorb water, this shows how much knowledge he has and these people refuse to listen.

I had also complained to Carrier , no one has even turned up yet from carrier, they are pathetic, the jeeves guy told me the foam is to absorb water, this shows how much knowledge he has and these people refuse to listen.
I have stopped buying appliances from flipkart since the first experience with Jeeves (1.5 ~ 2 years ago). They have no knowledge and are a liability.
I tried letting flipkart know, but they were more interested in closing the negative feedback rather than doing something about it.

Have you checked if the water is dripping due to condensation or if there is a leak. All lines carring the refrigerant should actually be fully covered with nitrile rubber insulation from point A to B so as to not let condensation happen.

Flipkart sent someone from jeeves to look at it, he told me that the water dripping is normal, the insulation wasnt done correctly on the upper portion where the pipe comes out of the wall outside., he added foam but the water dripping has not stopped. According to him this happens with all ACs, should i have this looked at again?
No point arguing or fighting with these guys, better get the service done with a good professional a/c service guy even if you are going to spend some money on it. I installed mine through a local a/c service guy even though I had to spend on the installation. This will not void the warranty.

Back