Android How are the new Nokia smartphones?

Yes, I was wondering about that. How do I clean it though?
Might require a disassembly. In which case they will just put in a new speaker instead of trying to fix the old one. Yes, another trip to that god awful service centre. Otherwise you will have to source the component on Ali and give it to a local repair guy. I find these guys are way better as they have a business of their own instead of being employees and the longer the store has been around means they have worked on countless phones. These guys can be miracle workers.

No, it's not the issue with lint. The charging port became loose I think. This issue is with the phone my brother has, and he is in a different city... so I never got to see the phone physically to look at the issue. And now he has already given it to his friend to get it repaired from a local shop.
How does the charging port get loose ? service centre guy is likely to think its abuse. As in it was dropped when charging and got knocked. I've not seen a disassembly of this model, its possible they have a replaceable port there. Some designs require a complete motherboard replacement. Charging port and sim slot are the two weak points in a phone. Any damage there can be fatal with higher end models. I guess the lower end ones are more forgiving in this regard.

Well, at this point, I am not in a mood to go to the service center for the low voice volume issue. If it gets worse though, then I might have to.

It might be a software problem too. I read some posts on Nokia forum about this issue with other models too, and some of the users suggested that if you turn off the 4G Volte voice call or something of that kind, then the volume seems to be good again, but I do not have that option on my phone.

I don't trust the local repair shops to be honest. Yes, they might do a good job... some of them, but I always fear that they might not put a genuine part, and also might create some other issues, or do away with some parts to make profit. I would rather pay more and get a genuine part from the authorized service center. But yea, if the service there is bad, then it's an issue. I haven't been to the service center in my city yet, so don't know what's the condition there.

I had gone to Nokia service center once long ago, when I had an old Nokia phone. They had done a good job that time. Although, the place was crowded with customers, and had a long wait. But, the repair they did was great and with reasonable charges.

About the charging port, it's not clear to me. Brother was saying it was loose, but yea, that would require that the phone was dropped or something. I will ask again to confirm. Maybe not so much loose, but some issue because of which the phone did not charge unless it was adjusted repeatedly. Apparently, it is a common problem with these Nokia phones, across different models. I will just confirm what was the exact issue.

Is the port loose as in it shakes when a charging cable is inserted or is it a loose connection. As in the cable does not fit tightly in the port. In which case just changing the cable could remedy the problem

My Nokia 7 Plus was updated to Android 10 a few days ago. I was not expecting the phone to be updated to Android 10 to be honest. So, it was really quite a surprise for me... I am very happy.

The update downloaded by itself in the background and it then showed up in notification to restart phone. I thought it was the security update as usual. The restart did take some time though. When the phone restarted, I was overjoyed to see the new Android 10 on the phone.

Overall, I have been really happy with the phone. It is working really well. There was the issue of low sound of the caller during calls, but I think it has improved with this update. Not entirely solved maybe, but I do sense an improvement.

My brother was really unhappy with his Nokia 7 Plus, because of this low sound issue and the bad charging port, and doesn't recommend Nokia anymore... but I will recommend Nokia phones based on my own experience, and would buy another Nokia in case I do need to in future.

I do admit though that in the lower price segment, the other phones seem to be better in terms of specifications, like amount of RAM, etc. But, in the mid range phones, Nokia is a worthy competitor... because of build quality, specifications, pure Android and the Android updates of OS and security patches.

I have a nokia 6.1 and 6.1 plus .
Both got updated to android 10 in Jan .
Extremely good build quality ( especially 6.1 single block aluminium ).
Regular security updates .
Clear and loud in call speaker .
Dual volte on vodafone , airtel and Jio .
Incedently i have three 6.1 plus .
Satisfied customer.
Tempted to buy the 8 Sirocco at 22k from flipkart .
But sd 835 being old is holding me back .

Got a Nokia 6.1 and 5.1 plus. Extremely happy. Especially with the ruggedness of 6.1 , feels like a tank. Spilled a whole bottle of water on first day and it survived easily. Have dropped it as well.
Android one is a major plus. Tested drivers and hardware is the most important aspect of a phone. Regular updates, no bloatware, simple predictable interface.
Battery use can be optimized a lot. My phone with low usage has lasted for 5 days.
Right now - shows 16% left. 3 days ago full charge. Will last till 11AM tomorrow

My Nokia 7 Plus was updated to Android 10 a few days ago. I was not expecting the phone to be updated to Android 10 to be honest. So, it was really quite a surprise for me... I am very happy.

The update downloaded by itself in the background and it then showed up in notification to restart phone. I thought it was the security update as usual. The restart did take some time though. When the phone restarted, I was overjoyed to see the new Android 10 on the phone.

Overall, I have been really happy with the phone. It is working really well. There was the issue of low sound of the caller during calls, but I think it has improved with this update. Not entirely solved maybe, but I do sense an improvement.

My brother was really unhappy with his Nokia 7 Plus, because of this low sound issue and the bad charging port, and doesn't recommend Nokia anymore... but I will recommend Nokia phones based on my own experience, and would buy another Nokia in case I do need to in future.

I do admit though that in the lower price segment, the other phones seem to be better in terms of specifications, like amount of RAM, etc. But, in the mid range phones, Nokia is a worthy competitor... because of build quality, specifications, pure Android and the Android updates of OS and security patches.
Been using a 6.1 plus from launch day and i have had this low call volume issue for a while now. Even in a closed silent environment, i can hardly hear the other party. Been looking for a solution on forums but couldn't find a working one. I have tried uninstalling updates, cache but nothing seems to work. Will a factory reset/hard reset do the trick? Did you find a solution for your model?

Obvious question: Tried to increase in-call volume ? Press volume buttons when in call. Also how is speaker volume
You can try a app that tests the call-speaker, not loudspeaker

Well off-late many nokias are showing their good old colors of this or that issues. Better to stay away.
OLd nokia (symbian) also had issue for which even nokia had no answer.

Obvious question: Tried to increase in-call volume ? Press volume buttons when in call. Also how is speaker volume
You can try a app that tests the call-speaker, not loudspeaker
Yes. Its on max volume, yet not audible enough. Its a known issue with a version of the "Phone app" . Forums are full of complaints. I havent tried a factory reset though.

Take a dry toothbrush . Rub the bristles across the earpiece . Will remove the wax stuck there . Will improve sound. Don't need to be gentle as the bristles won't harm the metal earpiece grill . Ok .
This has solved my isuue as of now. Thanks a lot for posting this buddy.Saved me from buying a new phone

On my Nokia 6.0 phone I have two SIMs - Airtel primary and Jio secondary - I have selected Airtel SIM for 2G/3G calls and SMS and the Jio SIM for 4G data (I have disabled voice even though it works).

My query is - I am unable to enable 4G (and thus VoLTE) on both SIMs at the same time, I have to disable 4G on the Jio SIM to enable 4G on the Airtel SIM. Thus I cannot use my Airtel SIM for 4G VoLTE and use my Jio SIM for data only, at the same time.

Is this a limitation of my phone/android? If so, which Nokia models have capability to run both SIMs with 4G (and VoLTE) at the same time?

Thanks!

On my Nokia 6.0 phone I have two SIMs - Airtel primary and Jio secondary - I have selected Airtel SIM for 2G/3G calls and SMS and the Jio SIM for 4G data (I have disabled voice even though it works).

My query is - I am unable to enable 4G (and thus VoLTE) on both SIMs at the same time, I have to disable 4G on the Jio SIM to enable 4G on the Airtel SIM. Thus I cannot use my Airtel SIM for 4G VoLTE and use my Jio SIM for data only, at the same time.

Is this a limitation of my phone/android? If so, which Nokia models have capability to run both SIMs with 4G (and VoLTE) at the same time?

Thanks!
May be it doesnt support dual Lte.

Thanks!
Ideally your Nokia 6 should be able to have 4G on both - as Nokia/HMD released patch for Dual Volte.

See the details here - https://nokiapoweruser.com/nokia-6-2018-now-receiving-may-security-update-list-of-markets/

PS: I have assumed that your Phone is Nokia 6 (2018)

Thanks, yeah it seems my Nokia 6.0 doesn't support dual VoLTE since it has snapdragon 430 chipset, newer models seem to support it.

Been using a 6.1 plus from launch day and i have had this low call volume issue for a while now. Even in a closed silent environment, i can hardly hear the other party. Been looking for a solution on forums but couldn't find a working one. I have tried uninstalling updates, cache but nothing seems to work. Will a factory reset/hard reset do the trick? Did you find a solution for your model?

Good to read your issue was solved.

My Nokia 7 Plus seems to be doing fine in this respect nowadays. The voice is coming out fine thankfully, and not like before, where even in silent environment, I could hardly hear the other person unless I used earphones.

I do have some minor issues with the phone though which occur randomly. Sometimes when I pick up a call I cannot hear anything from the other end.. or if I make a call, I cannot hear the ring even though it gets connected, and cannot hear the other person too. A reboot fixes this issue. Strange though.

Also in summer, because of sweat on hands, or whatever reason, the fingerprint sensor most often is unable to operate and so I have to put in the PIN.

Another summer problem is that during charging, the phone gets heated up sometimes.

Still, despite all these issues, I will say that I am pretty happy with the phone which runs quite smoothly... the updates are on time, and phone seems really sturdy. I would buy a Nokia again if I wanted to buy a phone again.

I have Nokia 7 plus and it's a great device. Built like tank, stock Android. But unfortunately, this has become my secondary device due to proximity sensor issue. The screen automatically turns on when on a call at time activating mute button. I thought there was a problem with network but then I saw call was muted many times.

@CapriAnupam do you happen to have any idea as to how to deal with this issue? I am a bit sceptical going to Nokia care due to inexperienced technicians doing more harm than good. Or should I go to third party repairs?

P.S. We are getting a new MR this month. But sadly they seem to have resolved only the sound issues. And it's the last update from Nokia, only security patches henceforth.

Back