Android How are the new Nokia smartphones?

Sorry buddy, no idea about that.

If you want to go for repairs, I would suggest Nokia care first. I always suggest going to the designated service center of any product, because there you will be guaranteed original parts, and technicians will know about the product fully, and how to repair it. Of course, frauds can occur there too, but its better than going to third party who maybe wouldn't know about that product in detail.

As per my best knowledge, in the era of N series/Symbian phones, nokia used to give our phones to local repairwalas they have some tie-ups.
That could be due to the fact that market was totally dominated by Nokia. In order to reduce load on Nokia care and improve speed of delivery, they might have outsourced to 3rd party as parts were easily available. Now, it's reverse, it might not survive for long if present trends are to look into.

That could be due to the fact that market was totally dominated by Nokia. In order to reduce load on Nokia care and improve speed of delivery, they might have outsourced to 3rd party as parts were easily available. Now, it's reverse, it might not survive for long if present trends are to look into.
I was impressed by Nokia when they bounced back few years ago on android on factors esp. their camera, thats what their usp was always about but then slowly their same old charging, usb port, audio etc issues seem to haunt it just like a decade ago and then their pricing as well which they increased after capturing some market and winning hearts. Thus their desire diminished in my eyes.

Sorry buddy, no idea about that.

If you want to go for repairs, I would suggest Nokia care first. I always suggest going to the designated service center of any product, because there you will be guaranteed original parts, and technicians will know about the product fully, and how to repair it. Of course, frauds can occur there too, but its better than going to third party who maybe wouldn't know about that product in detail.
You won't believe what happened. So I was playing with 7+ and for a minute I set Truecaller as my default dialer and guess what, for some reason, the screen barely turned on while on a call. Taking this further, I uninstalled Truecaller and saw that the phone was responding positively(screen off when in call). So I realised that Truecaller was the culprit (still dunno how), but it did my job.
So finally after more than 1.5 years the phone is functioning as it should be.

Now that TC is gone, I am left with no call identifing app. Do you happen to use TC by any chance and yet your screen is functioning properly (screen off when on call)?
Atleast this could help many users if they have similar problem as mine.

Could Google really be stifling TC's growth? I know it sounds absurd but both are competitors giving same functionality.
Post automatically merged:

I was impressed by Nokia when they bounced back few years ago on android on factors esp. their camera, thats what their usp was always about but then slowly their same old charging, usb port, audio etc issues seem to haunt it just like a decade ago and then their pricing as well which they increased after capturing some market and winning hearts. Thus their desire diminished in my eyes.
Their tie up with HMD really screwed them. Nokia just couldn't get good partners.. first it was Microsoft, then HMD.
And not just that, all the previous phones which marked the entry of Nokia into smartphones were made by HMD(cheap hardware, software). As a result, most of users face issues like proximity sensor, charging port, speaker among others. Thus, all those customers were left in a bad soup for no fault of their own.
If Nokia was really serious they would have replaced all HMD devices with Nokia ones after breaking their partnership so that people's faith would be put. Seems like Nokia did not carry out a background check hence these problems. Now it has only itself left to blame with rising issues.

Last edited:
If Nokia was really serious they would have replaced all HMD devices with Nokia ones
HMD is basically Nokia only. Same Nokia CEO founded HMD. Essentially Nokia was bought back from microsoft.
Personally I think one of the main reason for Nokia losing is that too many people look at specs only and not the end result. Nokia isn't 'fancy'. But has great performance for regular usage. Minimal marketing, no big buzz-wordy features. For me Nokia 6.1 5.1plus are solid solid phones. 2-4 days battery life easily. Great screens. Almost no issues, and they are build like tanks. and both cost only 7k.
Of course every brand has issues in some model or other.

HMD is basically Nokia only. Same Nokia CEO founded HMD. Essentially Nokia was bought back from microsoft.
Personally I think one of the main reason for Nokia losing is that too many people look at specs only and not the end result. Nokia isn't 'fancy'. But has great performance for regular usage. Minimal marketing, no big buzz-wordy features. For me Nokia 6.1 5.1plus are solid solid phones. 2-4 days battery life easily. Great screens. Almost no issues, and they are build like tanks. and both cost only 7k.
Of course every brand has issues in some model or other.

This link aptly tells why Nokia fell behind. You are 60% correct. But the problems faced by users, along with non-competance of their customer care, hardware+software not working in tandem ultimately led to decline in sales and loss of faith in the brand.

Last edited:
You won't believe what happened. So I was playing with 7+ and for a minute I set Truecaller as my default dialer and guess what, for some reason, the screen barely turned on while on a call. Taking this further, I uninstalled Truecaller and saw that the phone was responding positively(screen off when in call). So I realised that Truecaller was the culprit (still dunno how), but it did my job.
So finally after more than 1.5 years the phone is functioning as it should be.

Now that TC is gone, I am left with no call identifing app. Do you happen to use TC by any chance and yet your screen is functioning properly (screen off when on call)?
Atleast this could help many users if they have similar problem as mine.

Could Google really be stifling TC's growth? I know it sounds absurd but both are competitors giving same functionality.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, so the issue was caused by TrueCaller! Great that you were able to catch the issue somehow.

I do have TrueCaller on my phone. I wasn't installing it till now because I had it on my mom's phone, and it showed a lot of ads. But, I needed something to identify calls from unknown numbers, specially with the lockdown so I know who is calling and if it's important or not. I still don't like the ads, although they aren't as much as on my mom's phone.

There have been no issues so far though because of TrueCaller on my phone.

Do any of you use any other app for identifying unknown numbers? I saw that there are many such apps now. If there is any other app better than TrueCaller, I am willing to try it. Recently, there was also the news that TrueCaller was hacked, and details of many many users were in the hands of hackers. That's disturbing.

Reasons for me buying Nokia were that first of all, I did not want to go for Chinese phones. Yes, Nokia's hardware is manufactured by some Chinese company, but atleast only the hardware.

Second, I wanted stock Android, which is in Nokia and it offers OS updates for two years and security patches after that. That's really great for me. Most other phone companies are not so good in providing OS updates, or even security updates.

Third, I wanted good hardware and good specs, like gorilla glass. I don't like to put screen guard on my phone.

Overall, Nokia has served me really well. Am happy with it. Some issues are there, but I can tolerate those.

I have already tried many apps and nothing is better than TC so it seems I was the last one on this planet to finally install TC. And I use patched ver. with zero ads.

I tried TC briefly but removed it ASAP. Stock android gives a warning (red colour) when some likely spam number is calling you, but it's not 100% perfect. I was sufficient for me.

I just report spam and block any caller on stock android and the crowdsourced data is good enough for me.

I had to resort to TC few months ago just because I was suddenly getting flooded with calls from 141 no even though I'm on strict Dnd. Stock android allows one to block nos. but not the entire series like *141 or *993 etc to auto reject calls from such nos. Dont know why google doesn't pay heeds to such very simple user needs where user have to hunt for 3rd party shit apps.
I'm using crcked TC and since then no worries at all. TC gives option to share your contacts with it or not so plainly you can disable that.

Back