PC Peripherals How are these budget mechanical keyboards?

i brought that one, how good is the condition of you quickfire tk?

My Cooler Master Quick Fire TK doing fine, no problem with any keys. I love this keyboard, don't want a different keyboard. Only problem is 80% of the LED on keyboard is dead. I don't see LED much, but i am afraid my keyboard it will will die some day and need a new one.

When i buy this one, i went for cheaper option, purchased TVSE Gold. That was fine, but my table have no space for bigger keyboard + mouse. So i have to spend like 7k+ for Quick Fire TK again. Lesson learned :) Now i don't want that happen again by going for another cheap Keyboard unless i can try it.

Xiaomi Mi Looks good for me and i like My Redmi 4 phone too, so that may be an option. Did you get it shipped ? Please post your review after you get it.

Indian prices are Double of U.S, if possible import over buying locally

When i buy from flipkart, it was below 8K. now the price is 14K or so in amazon, not available in flipkart last time i checked.

Yes, amazon.com is cheap, but customs and problem, i think now they started charging 42 to 50 % customs on imports (i see it on some forum, 8k custom duty on a 24k price item from Amazon.com)

Import maybe an option if you have some one in USA who can buy it for you when they return.

Just 500-800? Seriously?
Even less on olx for used peices, and they have geniuine mx blue keys.

You can buy a few of them and sell the keys for like 50rs per peice, easy money for a Dad keyboard Professional.

My Cooler Master Quick Fire TK doing fine, no problem with any keys. I love this keyboard, don't want a different keyboard. Only problem is 80% of the LED on keyboard is dead. I don't see LED much, but i am afraid my keyboard it will will die some day and need a new one.

When i buy this one, i went for cheaper option, purchased TVSE Gold. That was fine, but my table have no space for bigger keyboard + mouse. So i have to spend like 7k+ for Quick Fire TK again. Lesson learned :) Now i don't want that happen again by going for another cheap Keyboard unless i can try it.

Xiaomi Mi Looks good for me and i like My Redmi 4 phone too, so that may be an option. Did you get it shipped ? Please post your review after you get it.

When i buy from flipkart, it was below 8K. now the price is 14K or so in amazon, not available in flipkart last time i checked.

Yes, amazon.com is cheap, but customs and problem, i think now they started charging 42 to 50 % customs on imports (i see it on some forum, 8k custom duty on a 24k price item from Amazon.com)

Import maybe an option if you have some one in USA who can buy it for you when they return.

I have the xiaomi keyboard, and the redmi note 4 too. Been 3 months since I got it. Ask me anything.

And yeah, import duty is 40% now but you might luck out if you buy from AliExpress using China post / Hong Kong post

If you are looking to buy from AliExpress, i suggest staying away from no name Chinese brands, they have poor build quality and too much variance among switches.

In the mechanical keyboard community Magicforce 68 is a very popular budget keyboard, comes to around 3.5K, great build quality and kalih switches (red/brown/blue).

Personally as a keyboard enthusiast, Magicforce beats every other keyboard below 5k.

(will post link below)

If you are looking to buy from AliExpress, i suggest staying away from no name Chinese brands, they have poor build quality and too much variance among switches.

In the mechanical keyboard community Magicforce 68 is a very popular budget keyboard, comes to around 3.5K, great build quality and kalih switches (red/brown/blue).

Personally as a keyboard enthusiast, Magicforce beats every other keyboard below 5k.

(will post link below)

What's with the switches ? Which one to go for.
Use case - mostly typing .. occasional gaming.

-----
Sorry @dejavu619
Let me know if this seems like thread hijack. Just that we have similar needs.

@mk76 to answer your question about keys, a large number of mechanical keyboard are small form factor, it keeps the cost low, is preferred when playing multiplayer games to provide more space for mouse and you can get a separate numpad too. (see Magicforce numpad)

Head over to mechanical keyboard subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/top?t=all you will find a lot of interesting posts and keyboards there.

Red switches are linear, fast and don't have a tactile feel. Good for competitve gaming.

Blue switches go click click like typewriters, sort of. They have a bump Midway through and require some Force to press, but they make noise.

Brown switches are more subtle version of blues kind of in between red and blue.

Blacks are silent red switches.

However you can use any switch for whatever you want without much issues.

Coming to brand,
Cherry/gateron switches are considered the best followed by kalih switches.

throw anything else in the dust bin first chance you get.

Coming to keyboard choices in India,

zebronics keyboard is terrible, went to a internet cafe with those and most of them were failing. Redragon is slightly better but again falls way behind options like magicforce.

However, you can buy the cheap Indian keyboards and replace their switches with cherry/gateron which cost 1500 per set, also get a good pair of keycaps and for 5K ish you have a good top tier mech, it's slightly more complicated then building a computer through.

Anyways here's magicforce
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32811547541.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.70bc08b9i6Hqx9#autostay

Thanks @PHOENiX117
I 'm looking for full 104 key, backlit mechanical board for home use -> with only 10% gaming needs.

Again thanks for the elaboration on switches. I do like the typewriter keycaps .. but am a total newbie for keyboard modding. So won't mess around (unless i can find a good (new/used) base and am able to replace caps.

Back