How do companies in India know if someone has an existing criminal record?

My question is that how do Indian companies know if some or the other guy has an existing criminal record? Can a record be anything ranging from getting caught in flesh trade parlour(offered in all malls afaik) raids or rave parties and stuff? Do they have some kind of DBMS system or in contact with some kind of criminal record tracking agency for the same? Just incase anything ever happens I should be fully informed

Last edited:
Nasscom collects i believe & the companies check with them apart from criminal records > Cases like Absconding etc. This is for IT and BPO sectors.

My question is that how do Indian companies know if some or the other guy has an existing criminal record? Can a record be anything ranging from getting caught in flesh trade parlour(offered in all malls afaik) raids or rave parties and stuff? Do they have some kind of DBMS system or in contact with some kind of criminal record tracking agency for the same? Just incase anything ever happens I should be fully informed
The top IT companies in India do a thorough background check for senior positions. Medium and smaller companies do not much bother about the background check as long as the offence committed is trival like traffic violation. If you have a FIR filed for murder, rape, vandalism then it is a different story and some of the companies will explicitly mention the reason for your rejection citing the background check result and some will give you a chance to explain. The court and police do have a database but it is not comprehensive. Usually for rave parties and flesh trade FIR is not filed and this depends on each individual and the police officer who deals with that person.

Cos. source background verification process aka headache to professional firms offering such services.

List of things they are interested in:

If you have committed any crime: Murder, rape, dacoit, duping, domestic violence, even petty thefts...whatever it may be but should be on police records.
Faking forging experience letters and documents, furbishing fake info. to get the job.
Fake salary slips, bank accounts etc.
Fake educational records.
Address proof.
Fake nationality or even parents..well you might LOL at this but its true too.

Things they least bother:

Marital status
Caste, creed etc. (unless you got the job under specific reservation categories like SC/ST etc)

P.S: Absconding isn't any crime btw.

Last edited:
NASSCOM calls it NSR (National Skills Registry) which is misleading since it is used to keep track of BGC data of IT employees. However, not all companies are members of this - most IT service companies are.

Asking that question can get you into any kind of legal issues (if severe)
+
As well, people replying answers to same..(in case of severe issues for assisting).

Get help from sites like kanoon or kannon or laweyerclub.

Kindly also reply back in photo about answer you receive.

+
As well, people replying answers to same..(in case of severe issues for assisting).

What legal issues? I have no case against me. I’m asking just for informative purposes. I can ask literally anything I want on the web as far as I am anonymous and mind you, I have freedom on the web to say anything as it is all virtual

Last edited:
+

Well unless you actually fool the organization to such an extent that they are left with no choice but HAVE to drag you in court, they wont care for much of the issues as they will either fire you on the spot, force/ask you to resign or blacklist in their own company or in NSR.
Severity matters.

I came across people who got absconded and blacklisted only in that very company.
People who faked certificates and still acted innocent and when the company caught them they behaved so innocently as if they too were conned in the job while still keeping the current job intact.

EOD your confidence and tactics level to handle such situations also matter.

Things work differently for every one and from case to case basis.

Well unless you actually fool the organization to such an extent that they are left with no choice but HAVE to drag you in court, they wont care for much of the issues as they will either fire you on the spot, force/ask you to resign or blacklist in their own company or in NSR.
Severity matters.

I came across people who got absconded and blacklisted only in that very company.
People who faked certificates and still acted innocent and when the company caught them they behaved so innocently as if they too were conned in the job while still keeping the current job intact.

EOD your confidence and tactics level to handle such situations also matter.

Things work differently for every one and from case to case basis.
Completely agree with you brother. But I have no job, because of lack of degree and my stubbornness to be a slave to any college teacher. Posting threads just to rid of boredom and increase my knowledge as I’m sitting free 24/7. I have no case against me

Last edited:
Completely agree with you brother. But I have no job, because of lack of degree and my stubbornness to be a slave to any college teacher. Posting threads just to rid of boredom and increase my knowledge as I’m sitting free 24/7. I have no case against me
Dont be a lamer just sitting idly. There are 10000 out who haven't even completed proper schooling yet churning out and working sufficiently to feed themselves and families.
Discover what you are good at and start from scratch entirely if the need arises. Do freelancing. All takes times so patience is the only key along with hope.

P>S Never ever thunk of any such criminal or shortcut routes.

Back