How do I play rmvb files in TV

sam9953

Adept
Hi guys, I have got a Phillips DVD player, Samsung TV and a Sony EX420. None of these don't support playback of rmvb files. I need to play these on my TV without converting them. I don't want to convert to a compatible format because then it looses the resolution and also the audio sync goes off. Can you guys suggest me something?

If the mentioned devices do have usb support then those do not support rmvb.

Simply use 'Handbrake' or 'Any Video Converter' to convert them to files with Divx as video codec and 'avi' as extension.

If there are a number of files and you are new at this then use 'Any Video Converter' as it is simpler to use and has batch conversion.

If the mentioned devices do have usb support then those do not support rmvb.

Simply use 'Handbrake' or 'Any Video Converter' to convert them to files with Divx as video codec and 'avi' as extension.

If there are a number of files and you are new at this then use 'Any Video Converter' as it is simpler to use and has batch conversion.

As already stated, I don't want to convert my videos in any different format, even though what you are saying is right that my TV will be able to play .avi files but it cant play rmvb. I don't want to convert because the audio goes out of sync and video quality reduces. Isnt there any other way to play rmvb on my tv?

You could also use SUPER

What is that?

You can do one thing if you don't want to convert them because without conversion they won't play.

If you have a laptop with a HDMI output connect it to the the Sony and Samsung (provided the Samsung also has a HDMI port) TV.

If the Laptop has a VGA port connect it to the TV. The stereo can be connected to a sound system using a 'Stereo to Stereo' cable if the system has a stereo input or 'Stereo to AV' cable if it has AV input.

I would recommend conversion if the number of files are less.

Super is also a conversion tool.

P.S.: I just hope you didn't get the entire series of DB, DBZ and DB GT in rmvb. If yes I can see why you are reluctant.

You can do one thing if you don't want to convert them because without conversion they won't play.

If you have a laptop with a HDMI output connect it to the the Sony and Samsung (provided the Samsung also has a HDMI port) TV.

If the Laptop has a VGA port connect it to the TV. The stereo can be connected to a sound system using a 'Stereo to Stereo' cable if the system has a stereo input or 'Stereo to AV' cable if it has AV input.

I would recommend conversion if the number of files are less.

Super is also a conversion tool.

P.S.: I just hope you didn't get the entire series of DB, DBZ and DB GT in rmvb. If yes I can see why you are reluctant.

This laptop thing was always in mind but I don't have or own a laptop and nobody does at my house so this solution also has to be written off. There are nearly 200 video files that I would have to convert. Its a big headache.

Isnt there any plugin or any other software which if placed along with the video files in my pen drive will enable rmvb playback on my TV.

^ Nope. No plugin or software if placed along the files will do the trick.

Generally rmvb files are generally very lossy as they try to put across maximum files with minimum size. It is up to you to decide whether you want to use such a format and watch it on TV or just watch it on your PC and be done with it. Converting 200 files just to watch them on TV makes very little sense to me.

Back