How do I save all my contacts for transfer to another phone?

sam9953

Adept
Okay so right now I own a Nokia N900 (which is up for sale as well) but soon I will shift to an Android device and I was wondering how should I transfer all my contacts from my current phone to my next future phone. I have nearly 500 contacts and AFAIK the sim card can cop upto 180 contacts, so please tell me a method.

P.S: I might be wrong about the sim card thing, so please politely correct me if I am.

There should be an option under contacts to export the numbers to your memory card. These will mostly be saved in the .vcf format. This file can be imported to any android phone easily.

If you have internet on your phone, check if a software called NetQin is compatible with your phone.
If yes, then you are done. Just download the software, create an account and then you will have the option to svae your contacts on your memory card or onto the NetQin server. The second optionis best just in case your new phone rejects your memoery card and asks foer it to be formatted before use. Its best to have a wiFi connection, then it works very quickly.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. But can you people tell me if the Vcard 2.1 or Vcard 3.0 work on android? My phone can export the contacts in these two files.

Nokia exports all contacts in .VCF format.

Export them in a folder and then open CMD.

Navigate to the folder where you stored all the .VCF (they will be 150 vcf for 150 contacts)

Now , write this command : Copy *.vcf allcontacts.vcf.

A new VCF will be created with all the contacts. Place this file in memory card and import contacts.

Provide feedback.

Nokia exports all contacts in .VCF format.

Export them in a folder and then open CMD.

Navigate to the folder where you stored all the .VCF (they will be 150 vcf for 150 contacts)

Now , write this command : Copy *.vcf allcontacts.vcf.

A new VCF will be created with all the contacts. Place this file in memory card and import contacts.

Provide feedback.

yeah you are right, I made those VCF files using my N900 and now I have put them on my computer desktop, after that I did not understand the part where you said that I have to open CMD and then write that command, I did try it and it did not yield anything.
Isnt just possible that I copy and paste the whole VCF folder in my future android phone and the it will read the contacts?

Then you would manually have to add contacts .

Lemme explain again.

The folder you have copied the .vcf files open that folder using CMD. Then run the command written above. It will create ONE vcf file which can be imported easily in an Android phone.

Oh you mean that I have to open the .vcf files folder using the CMD of my android phone and then give that command? Is that what you mean? OH, okay. Well I don't have an android phone right now but yes I did try it on my mothers phone by copying the .vcf contacts and then opening it and yes it worked well, anyway thanks a lot guys. I think Mr. Vicky has solved my problem here. Thanks a lot.

Don't you have any option to sync your contacts with Gmail? That would be the best option.
Push it to the cloud...
In future you can use any smartphone and they all support Gmail contacts AFAIK.

Back