How do I start learning Python?

RaviKumar007

Disciple
Mar 19, 2020
I'm a beginner in the programming world. I'm trying to learn a programming language but don't know what and how to start? Any help?

dpandey

Adept
Jul 11, 2010
Bangalore
It will depend on where you are starting from. What other skills do you have?

- Your education level. What majors?
- Your level of familiarity with computers/computing.

Crapmypants

Adept
Dec 13, 2014
I've seen multiple free courses on Python for beginners at Udemy, coursera and analyticsvidhya.com.

inv3nt0r

Disciple
Mar 15, 2020
Since you are a beginner, I will recommend two websites where you can start.
1) https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/python-programming-language/
-- A great place, to learn every concept in deep. GFG is not just for python, but for every Language, Basics of computer science like data structures and Algorithms.

2) Codecademy.com
- This place have a practical way of teaching programming language. Here you can learn and immediately practice the programs which help to remember the syntax. You will not get much knowledge of Data Structures of Algorithm here though.

Consistency and practice is the way of mastering any programming language.
Good Luck

Reactions: vishalrao

asingh

Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
Depends what you want to do with Python. It is a glue language, and has many uses.

RaviKumar007

Disciple
Mar 19, 2020
It will depend on where you are starting from. What other skills do you have?

- Your education level. What majors?
- Your level of familiarity with computers/computing.
I have done BTECH from tier-3 college in computer science. Actually, I had no interest in coding during college time. Now, I want to pursue my career in technical field in programming world. I have basic familiarity in computer programming languages.

Since you are a beginner, I will recommend two websites where you can start.
1) https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/python-programming-language/
-- A great place, to learn every concept in deep. GFG is not just for python, but for every Language, Basics of computer science like data structures and Algorithms.

2) Codecademy.com
- This place have a practical way of teaching programming language. Here you can learn and immediately practice the programs which help to remember the syntax. You will not get much knowledge of Data Structures of Algorithm here though.

Consistency and practice is the way of mastering any programming language.
Good Luck
Thank you for sharing the resource. Codeacademy provides a paid course. I'm not at that stage that I can afford that much money. GeeksforGeeks the first time I heard of it. It's a tough time for me to sit and learn any new things. Finance crisis. I'm looking for free resources thanks.

logistopath

Molar Police
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
Thank you for sharing the resource. Codeacademy provides a paid course. I'm not at that stage that I can afford that much money. GeeksforGeeks the first time I heard of it. It's a tough time for me to sit and learn any new things. Finance crisis. I'm looking for free resources thanks.
Codeacademy provides a free Python 2 course.

The course for Python 3 is a paid one, but from what I gathered, you can still learn Python 2 and then move over to Python 3 later.

booo

BA BA BA BABANANA
Veteran
Mar 4, 2008
Colodaro
Recently I started coding python. but I would like to consider myself an expert at c++ so it was fairly easy for me. but here are the few observations that I think would help you.
1. Use pycharm community edition. dont even try anything else. not even visual studio code.
2. Its very easy to get carried away. so just focus on developing a project instead of practicing random stuff.
3. Dont reinvent the wheel, there is a python package to do almost everything and try to use them instead of writing your own.
4. Its pretty close to other scripting languages like perl or javascript and if you learn OOPS concepts, it will become very easy.