How does steam purchase works ?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I recently made my first steam purchase. The money was dedicated immediately. 4 days later I got a refund or some sort of thing of the same amount. Now next day that is today the same amount is deducted. So I would like to know what’s going on here ?

I recently made my first steam purchase. The money was dedicated immediately. 4 days later I got a refund or some sort of thing of the same amount. Now next day that is today the same amount is deducted. So I would like to know what’s going on here ?
Which card did you use for buying?
My ICICI card isn't working since March of this year.
Several members here are saying their cards are being rejected by Steam
I don't know what is happening

You have to check with the bank. Were you able to purchase the game after 2nd transaction ?

You have to check with the bank. Were you able to purchase the game after 2nd transaction ?
No no the issue is not that. I am confused on the matter of refund and then again deduction. Is this how steam works ?

no. Its a typical transaction for me of debit and game being added in library.
I usually use credit card so never had a issue like this.

It could happen if its 1st transaction or a new card being used, some sort of verification or confirmation but those are usually faster than what you described

Why do you guys still use debit cards for these kind of low to mid value non-critical transactions online?

At least with a CC in case of fraud you can claim fradulent transaction in case of a hack.

Always used CitiBank CC for all my game purchases on Steam,uPlay,G2G etc. and only got some issues with Epic Games when they launched Metro Exodus.

Why do you guys still use debit cards for these kind of low to mid value non-critical transactions online?

At least with a CC in case of fraud you can claim fradulent transaction in case of a hack.

Always used CitiBank CC for all my game purchases on Steam,uPlay,G2G etc. and only got some issues with Epic Games when they launched Metro Exodus.
Hum garib he Babu [emoji17] CC nahi he [emoji28]

On a serious note.
Always use Virtual credit cards for online transaction.
I always use. HDFC netsafe virtual credit cards.
Kotak also offers virtual credit cards to it's account holders.

Last edited:
On a serious note.
Always use Virtual credit cards for online transaction.
I always use. HDFC netsafe virtual credit cards.
Kotal also offers virtual credit cards to it's account holders.
Will check if axis have the same facilities of not...

I have heard this first time what were you trying to purchase?

You built that rig for PUBG??? :banghead:
1592022343861.png

Back