How effective are Naukri.com, Monster, TimesJobs etc?

hotshot05

Skilled
My final semester exams finished last week.
I was thinking about putting up my resume on these job portals. But since my result will come by the end of July, my resume will be incomplete.

So should I post my profile now? Or should I wait till my result comes?

Are these job portals at all useful for freshers? Or are they beneficial only for people with experience?

No idea about freshers, but ~90%+ experienced people switch through them. (in IT sector, no idea about rest)

Also, you might consider sharing your resume here - as there are many folks from various companies from various domains which might 'refer' you their companies.

btw, has anyone have any luck with LinkedIn jobs?

My final semester exams finished last week.
I was thinking about putting up my resume on these job portals. But since my result will come by the end of July, my resume will be incomplete.
mention "Last Sem Result awaited" .
So should I post my profile now? Or should I wait till my result comes?I think, its high time to register. go ahead.

Are these job portals at all useful for freshers? Or are they beneficial only for people with experience?As vivek said, more is better. Just register on naukri, monster & some of reputed consultats site-HeadHonchos, Headhunters, ABC, Alp HR, Universal Hunt for domestic opportunity and Jerry Varghese, G.Gheewala, Sinclus, Naukrigulf.com for international (mostly gulf) jobs... hope this help...

Do register on these 3 sites...and set a job alert/regularly check the sites for posts in relevant field...

At least you will get to know about the ongoing walk-ins for freshers and plan to start attending if you are eligible...

the site 'freshersworld' used to send the details of Walk-ins for most major cities.
Subscribe to their mails (btw, I dunno how is it now. last I have seen 3/4 years back)

No idea about freshers, but ~90%+ experienced people switch through them. (in IT sector, no idea about rest)

Also, you might consider sharing your resume here - as there are many folks from various companies from various domains which might 'refer' you their companies.

btw, has anyone have any luck with LinkedIn jobs?

Got two international calls...
The profile was found via linkedIn...
So, I think recruiters outside india do scan LinkedIn for prospective candidates... :)

I have registered on Naukari, shine, Monster. But do not get any calls. I have 2 year exeperience as a SAP SD Consultant.

As a fresher, yes, Naukri might not be the best place, but what the hell, its free, go ahead a register yourself. You ought to be looking for those campus recruitment or the newspaper where they post opening for freshers

Personally I use indeed.co.in , it is a job aggregator from various sources like Naurki, Monster, Linkedin, Shine, Headhonchos etc. Its easier to search for jobs that way instead of visiting all sites personally. Plus put up a job alert so it'll mail you the new jobs each day.

Unfortunately, my nephew is searching Commercial Pilot job since last 3 years. :wtf: He acquired CPL training from Canada & Indonesia.
Anyone here pl help him.

Back