Video How good are Toshiba LCD TV's

matoind

Adept
Toshiba is selling LCD's at the lowest prices in Delhi. The Pen drive 32 " LCD costs Rd 19K while the LED costs 23K. Picture quality in the 19K TV was looking fine. (They also have a 17K TV with useless picture quality)

My employee had bought a 24" Toshiba TV which had problems with the Panel. It took more than a month to get it replaced. But as per the shop keeper, all brands delay the service in case of a bad panel.

Has anyone had any experience with Toshiba?

On some other forums, people have given good feedback for the TVs. But there is no info on After Sales Support/Service. I am also considering the same. Anyway it comes with 3 Years warranty. So it should be OK.

I have bought Toshiba 32 PB10 for 23K 3 months before. Which model is around 19K. This particular model is really really good. The sharpness and skintone is flawless.

Regards,
Vijay

Today I checked with seagate 500 gb hard drive and the TV can easily access the hard disk and played well. It has DTS pass through via optical cable and my mitsun home theater can decaode to 5.1 channel.

Regards,
Vijay

The model is 32PB10. I even checked with my samsung wave and moto charm. It worked like charm and I can able to watch the HD movie clip from my mobile without any issue. I think this is the most under rated Tv. It almost plays all format compared to HD box.

Regards,
Vijay

I bought a Toshiba 32PB1E 32" LCD 1366x768 model which cost Rs 16990, one month back from a TV shop (QRS) in my city. Comes with 3 year warranty. Pretty decent picture quality, good contrast and brightness and HD channels look awesome (some LCD backlight bleeding is there, so blacks are not pitch black, but LCDs are like that anyway - for real deep blacks you need to get an LED). Comes with 1 HDMI port only and doesn't play movies (specs say that it supports only JPEG on pen drive, but didnt try).

Overall an excellent buy. For a 32" TV I dont see the point getting a 1080p model. From a normal viewing distance there is no way you can make out the difference b/w 720p and 1080p really. And all the regional channel broadcasts are still in SD (not even 720p).

Guys please go for Samsung or Sony bravia available at Karol bag h gaffar market for 19.5k and 20.5k respectively.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

samsung aint any good as they have this stupid lottery system.

you do not know what panel is inside till you open the box.

it can be either ips or normal lcd or pva.

its like shooting in dark.

I wont prefer to buy samsung unless Dealer can open the box and show me what panel it is.

Roomie got a Toshiba Regza 24" full HD LED for 12K straight from Thailand. HD looks awesome but Standard def is so so.. USB playback is awesome it plays all the HD Content. Yet to test 1080p. Will test and report back. 720p 4Gb file plays smoothly than my Uncle's new LG LED v3500 32"!!!

pratikb said:
samsung aint any good as they have this stupid lottery system.
you do not know what panel is inside till you open the box.
it can be either ips or normal lcd or pva.
its like shooting in dark.
I wont prefer to buy samsung unless Dealer can open the box and show me what panel it is.
sammy do not come with ips panels.
Do check on them on personally .
Its just luck that you might end up with an spva or an non spva panel.
I have an 40D550.
Mine is not an spva panel and its output is at par with the sony bravia cx420 if not better.
AFAIK there are no ips producers who produce an 40 inch panel. And samsung does not source ips panels.

Buying a new 3D TV was getting a bit daunting for me till I went through these informative discussions online. Now I am pretty sure to opt for an IPS and FPR featured 3D TV.

My friend did buy a Toshiba TV and faced problems with after Sales. The TV had to be repalced two times because of panel problems. Company was impossible to contact because the manager did not pick the phone. It took 2 months in total to get a proper working TV!

My friend did buy a Toshiba TV and faced problems with after Sales. The TV had to be repalced two times because of panel problems. Company was impossible to contact because the manager did not pick the phone. It took 2 months in total to get a proper working TV!

Happy to know that after 2 month you got NEW TV, other brands may force you to use 1st one with lots of repairing - I have bad experience with Onida even when they admit that the problem is beyond repairing they keep repair it every 6 month & once warranty end .... stop accepting phone calls & replying mails.

Back