Android How good are Xolo Phones ?

M@crosoft

The Weather Man !
Adept
Hey fellas ,

Planning to buy a Xolo A500 I was wondering about the quality of Xolo phones ?..are they reliable and how good do they stand when compared to other brands ?

Thanks in advance

I am using Xolo Q800 for the last 2.5 months. Good build quality, decent finishing, awesome performance for the price. Very Satisfied.

How is the battery backup ?

I already have a Karbonn android phone in the family and it has been nothing short of a disappointment thus far with the 3.5 mm jack going bad in a few months from purchase.
expect similar quality ? - xolo & micromax ?

havent used Karbonn phones, so no idea ... but Xolo Q800 feels solid .. and no issues so far. Battery backup is good (with custom ROM), lasts 1-2 days depending on usage. 2100 mAh battery does its job well !

havent used Karbonn phones, so no idea ... but Xolo Q800 feels solid .. and no issues so far. Battery backup is good (with custom ROM), lasts 1-2 days depending on usage. 2100 mAh battery does its job well !

Thanks for the info .

Anybody else using a Xolo for a longer period ?

Xolos have custom ROM support!
That's nice to know. Is the support for all Xolo phones or only for top of the line stuff?

Two of my friends using Xolo A700 for 4-5 months or so and no problems at all. Though it gets quite hot during charging and phone calls. Build quality or Xolo phones seems quite nice and they were accidentally dropped a few times but nothing happened.

Did i mention that i dropped this one in water for a few secs ? It took me 2-3 seconds to act and pull it out. Switched it off...pulled out the battery ...wiped it clean with a towel .. put it all back .. and still working fine :)

Two of my friends using Xolo A700 for 4-5 months or so and no problems at all. Though it gets quite hot during charging and phone calls. Build quality or Xolo phones seems quite nice and they were accidentally dropped a few times but nothing happened.

Getting hot while charging is something that is getting very common with phones these days....even samsung bar phones become quite hot during charging .

Did i mention that i dropped this one in water for a few secs ? It took me 2-3 seconds to act and pull it out. Switched it off...pulled out the battery ...wiped it clean with a towel .. put it all back .. and still working fine :)

Lucky you :)

BTW how is Canvas Lite ?

unless you are ok with a 5 inch screen with a pathetic resolution(800 x 480), and a laggy experience ( coz of just 512 MB Ram), i would suggest add a little more dough and get Xolo Q700 (last time i checked, it was 8.9k on ebay ).

How much RAM is good for a 5 incher ? 4 incher ?

This looks like an attractive model for the price, question is how is the ASS ?

Another thing that surprised me about this phone is you can install apps on the SD card (!)

How is that possible, in premium end phones S4, they allow only certain apps and that too only certain parts of those apps. Games for instance still insist on their main data hogging part resides in the internal memory and not external.

Am i to understand you can install ANY apps in their entirety on the micro SD card ?

Its selective with apps and does not move everything associated with them. At least not yet. Even with rooting and hacks its only partially possible. There is work about to get the external sd card to be rcognised as internal memory. Whether the android people accept it is another matter .

One problem is if you remove the SD card then your apps that the OS thinks are there no longer exist. Though i think this is a minor issue.

Anyone know what's holding android back from moving apps in their ENTIRETY to the microsd card ?

Got one for my dad and one for my daughter. I think about 1 month and 2 months ago. The 1000 and the 800 [or 700 - can't remember]. Both till now are nicer than my S2. Longevity? No idea yet.

Back