How good is Tikona Wi-Bro?

well, got it installed today, very prompt service so far, keeping my fingers crossed

am on the 600kbps plan, here are the speeds am getting currently

You will get 2Mbps for only first 400MB , then you'll revert back to 600 Kb/.

Anyway In my case TIKONA was the worst ever connection I've ever had. I had to laugh at thier Customer support and their empty promises.

I got 64 Kb/ps - 130Kbps instead of a 300Kbps connection,all this with full signal and when I contacted the customer support they said executives will come. But they haven't arrived even now. I've disconnected the pieca sh1t and it's been 1 month and those fags haven't taken back the Modem.

Oh and I'm taking about Tikona in Chennai. Since my friend works in Tikona customer support he tells the hopeless strategies they undertake to handle customers.

Customer not satisfied with connection ->Transfer call to cabin with no person in it

I called the Tech support guy ->He cuts the call and then switches off his phome.

I'm sorry but I had to take out my vent towards this hopeless ISP

Here's my Sister's Airtel 256Kbps vs Tikona 300kbps(Full Signal-100%)

tik2.jpg
-Pingtest

tik1.jpg
-Speed test

Airtel to the Left and Tikona to the Right.

Id prefer Airtel any day but those idiots still dont provide connection in my area

in any case, the installation cost was 500 bux which is reimbured in the bills, should i not be satisfied with it, ill just get it disconnected and thats why retaining my tata connection as of now.

Tikona is absolute bullshit.. I got a connection in Dec which worked on and off for 15 days. I put in a complaint and apparently a technician came and fixed it... on a day I was out of town. In Jan I asked for a disconnection.. which never happenned. I kept getting billed. Now a couple of days ago I got a call asking me to pay 1000 bucks else they'd take legal action. This is after I've paid the Dec bill.

lol, connection started acting up after working fine for a few hrs, hope its just temp and not permanent, even if it is, will probably have it for a month and then ask em to take the shit with them :lol:

Tikona is a joke. I called to them 9 times. got 9 service requests, 5 of them special requests, which they said are top escalation. BUT they never get back.

I called up Airtel and got he connection the very next day for Rs 500(Corporate discount of Rs 500).

My exp says that if the service is not avail. in ur area or the address mentioned by you is not understood by them they simply dont reply.
In Pune I contacted them many time but got no reply. When I changed my address and put up a new request they called back immediately. The connection was installed and was running the very same day they collected my documents.
The only issue with me is that I am having a Business 1mbps plan but due to network issues the speed is less than 100kbps. :(( The signal i am getting is below 35%. This will be resolved hopefully in a week when they will add new access point on my building terrace. Then I can enjoy full speed.
I did not notice any downtime though their dialer sucks and it gets disconnected automatically after 20min if there is no usage.

One tikona rep came to my house today and suggested to take connection. When i told him that i hear very bad about them, he told that those were before and bow they have rectified everything (incl. CC). However i am only ready to give my terrace to install their equipment for rent and not going to take their connection until they improve their service and CC.

@OP

I am from thane & would like to share my experience.

I took 1MBps unlimited plan & the installation was done with in 3 days. but their QOS sucks..
Although their modem is showing full signal sometimes I was getting 144 KBps line speed meaning 1.4 KBps :mad: download speed (I took screenprint of the same & shown it to Tikona executive) & this usually happens on weekends. On week days it is ok but still not sufficient to play videos on youtube even at lowest resolution. so just forget about streaming videos at 720p.

I had cancelled the connection after one month of use. so my experience says stay away from TIKONA.

i know a friend of mine took it....

1) he gets less speed than promised
2) 2nd day his line goes down
3) 3rd day he contacts customer care
4) 4th, 5th , 6th day NOTHING happens
5) 7th day he gets the service - DISCONNECTED.

stay away

Although the speeds they provide are good enough, network quality is not up to the mark. But I'm kinda satisfied with them for a month. I'd suggest to go for other option if you have other ISP in your area. :) :)

snw2288 said:
Although the speeds they provide are good enough, network quality is not up to the mark. But I'm kinda satisfied with them for a month. I'd suggest to go for other option if you have other ISP in your area. :) :)

Think you will also end up disconneting their service...

Lately Tikona have mended thier way in Chennai. I getting solid 750 kbps @ 799 Rs per month. Getting constant speeds now and I'm very happy after disconnecting from Rs.1099 - 512 Kbps gay ass FUP .

I always get the 750 Kbps but some times this happens WHOHOO!!!

Attachments

• TIKONA insane.jpg
    TIKONA insane.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 147
Rave said:
well, got it installed today, very prompt service so far, keeping my fingers crossed

am on the 600kbps plan, here are the speeds am getting currently

the broadcast tower is a couple of hundred meters from my house, so hopefully the service should be good, am getting lower pings to servers with this compared to my Tata indicom dsl line lol.. hopefully the ping would be constant and wont spike, so far so good...
Do you know that Tikona gets all its Bandwidth from Tata Indocom... surprised to see that you are getting better ping with Tikona than TI.

hash said:
Lately Tikona have mended thier way in Chennai. I getting solid 750 kbps @ 799 Rs per month. Getting constant speeds now and I'm very happy after disconnecting from Rs.1099 - 512 Kbps gay ass FUP .

I always get the 750 Kbps but some times this happens WHOHOO!!!
same i got this but i cannot change the new isp cause another broadband come with fup and no use that why i am stick with tikona but can saftied with service is ok cause need to download ton of 720 p and few 1080 p stuff regular :D

if u want or not u should ask for demo cause u can try feel it and test depend on network get frequency disconnect

I too asked for a demo from them. My house is about 150 m from their tower. But the person who came couldn't give me a proper demo since the wire he had wasn't sufficient for connecting the receiver to my computer - receiver goes to the top of the building, and I stay in the ground floor. Logistical issues :p He TOLD me that signal strength is 40% - I thought it was low for the proximity that my location has to the tower. Also told I would get upto 2Mbps without hassle - but with a drop of around 5%.

Am a subscriber of tikona wi-bro... from last 3 months i have been using it... face network outage problems but rarely... plans are affordable and with ok ok speeds... good to have isp

Back