How good is you telecom ?

w1nD

Adept
I read in newspaper about youtelecom's tariff plan : 12mbps for first 25gb and 1mbps once that 25gb is finished.So is anyone using youtelecom's service ? Or does anyone know if it has FUP on that remaining 1mbps plan ? The plan @ 1102 seems decent to me considering the fact that i am spending same amount for MTNL DSL_999 plan.

Also does anyone know about the QoS ?

Please share your thoughts n views.

PS : Link for tariff : http://www.youbroadband.in/tariffplans/Thane_broadbandplans.php#unlimited_plans

Edit : Just found other thread : http://www.techenclave.com/broadband-forum/10mbps-at-849-from-you-broadband-197681-3.html But still need opinions.

AFAIK, it used to be good. Some of my friends in Vashi had this service, and they were very happy with it. However, this was almost 2 years ago, so cannot comment on the QoS now.

Ask for a demo plan, this is what i did with my ISP, i went to his office and checked the speeds and if they were anywhere throttling torrents, did not see any. Also repeatedly asked them about FUP, to which they said they dont have any such system, except for data limited plans.

Yes ask them for 3 Day Demo. Can't Simply Tell you about YOU cos the service is good in Few areas and its Patchy in Most of the areas. I request you take a demo!

Well, I happened to use their broadband service for a month and returned it soon after. It took another month for the refund to come through. :|

The pricing and NO FUP unlimited plans are great, but it's the Internet connectivity that you'll have trouble with!

Considering all the disconnections and downtime I experienced during my usage, I vowed never to take up their services again. They are low on staff (tech. team) and their CS is not very helpful.

So unless you have people in your locality who can vouch for the service offered, I'd suggest staying away from them. The demo (if feasible) is a good idea.

just started You from this week , so far nothing complaining , for speed , I am not complaining ( as compare to jumping from BSNL 3G to this broadband ) check my sign

mshu84.png

@ Everyone thanks for input guys..I will take into consideration all the points.

@ multi what about FUP for 1mbps ??

Back