Budget 31-40k How important is clock speed for gaming purpose?

Kesang

Recruit
I am looking for a lappy and want to play fifa on it ..The required specs are here
Recommended Specifications:

• CPU: Intel i5-2550K @ 3.4Ghz
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Hard Drive Space Required: 15.0 GB
  • Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 6870, NVIDIA GTX 460
  • DirectX: 11.0
Minimum Required Specifications:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1GHz
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Hard Drive Space Required: 15.0 GB
  • Minimum Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 5770, NVIDIA GTX 650
  • DirectX: 11.0
But I can't find a laptop within my budget that clocks 3.1 ghz.. It's usually like 1.9 to 2.. How much difference will there be ?

Most Intel based laptop have as you mention 1.8 - 2.6 GHz speed but that is mentioned if all cores are stressed if processor senses that only two cores are stressed so it increases the speed for those cores and extra cores power down so to stay in thermal limit of processor. You can check if processor has turbo mode or not and games that you will be playing have support for more than 2 cores then all cores work on same speed. And should mention your budget so that someone can guide you about model name etc.

Most Intel based laptop have as you mention 1.8 - 2.6 GHz speed but that is mentioned if all cores are stressed if processor senses that only two cores are stressed so it increases the speed for those cores and extra cores power down so to stay in thermal limit of processor. You can check if processor has turbo mode or not and games that you will be playing have support for more than 2 cores then all cores work on same speed. And should mention your budget so that someone can guide you about model name etc.

How about thiis one ?
http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00UBX...etailBullets_secondary_view_div_1447848055695

Can u check the specs ..I didn't quite get it .

If you solely want to play Fifa and not any other game, even a Core i3 should suffice your need.

Do note that specification listed in first post are that of Desktop. Same can not be had in laptops but similar can be.

This laptop is quite low in GPU department. 820m will not cut in gaming. Look for at least 940m or amd equivalent. Check out HP pavilion 15-ab032tx with 940m on flipkart and you can check some lenovo laptops also.

For just Fifa and daily operations you may just get away with it; but go with this Intel make.

On different note, a desktop for this usage will be quite cheaper and with more performance.

Back