How Income Tax Department Is Tracking Your Transactions

You've wrote this three times in this thread. Any sources on your claims? I'll be happy to educate people if he's that dirty.

Seriously man ? You need a source to believe that Indian politicians are corrupt with loads of black money???

These moves amount to sheer harassment of individuals who are part of the banking system and does nothing to catch those who keep their money out of it.

Also, if folks believe that India is going to even incrementally benefit from these moves (or even the uncivilized and highly questionable demonetization exercise) just because one govt. dept. (in this case, the IT dept.) increases it's annual revenue targets, I don't think it is possible.

There are just so many things wrong with our taxation system(eg: archaic octroi & arbitrary VAT/sales tax laws) and government spending of tax revenues collected (eg: kickbacks, no/bypassed implementation checks, wasteful PDS schemes) for these rules or exercises to have any meaning in this country.

60 Lakh Bank Accounts Got Deposits Of Over Rs 2 Lakh. What Taxmen Are Doing Now

With an estimated Rs 15 lakh crore in junked notes back in the banking system post demonetisation, the Income Tax department has started the process of engaging private entities to match the data with I-T return or other information of assessees. The I-T department has already found that post demonetisation more than Rs 2 lakh was deposited in over 60 lakh bank accounts and the total amount deposited in these accounts is over Rs 7.34 lakh crore.

Income Tax collection in the country stood at a record Rs 10.03 lakh crore during 2017-18, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) today said.

Member of CBDT said that during 2017-18, a record number of 6.92 crore I-T returns were filed, which was 1.31 crore more than 5.61 crore returns filed in 2016-17. The I-T Department added 1.06 crore new return filers during 2017-18 and aims to add 1.25 crore new filers for the current year.

https://www.financialexpress.com/mo...n-rs-10-03-lakh-crore-during-2017-18/1284104/

^^ Why is that even surprising given that direct tax collections have been increasing every year for many years

upload_2018-8-19_11-56-49.png

Back