How India’s poultry farms are spawning global superbugs

I thought you guys would already know about this. I don't know about the ice-creams but for the poultry farms, kindly allow me to share my grand intelligence on the matter.

Antibiotics = protect against disease ie good. Antibiotics don't increase weight, There is no 'or'
Steroids = gain weight faster
This is misleading. You're probably talking of the drugs only through human usage. From what I hear, these bigger poultry farm corporations get special drugs made for the birds. And as a result they are no longer those specific 100% antibiotics or steroids anymore. Yeah you can call them "custom drugs."

Natural growth - 3 months
Usage of Steroids - 45 days or even 40 days, the bird becomes up to 3kgs.
3 months natural growth is bullshit. For them to grow to full adult mature stage it takes a good 4-5 months. It won't even reach 2 kilos in 3 months. The hen usually start laying eggs in the 5th month btw.

how to select when buying boneless chicken from supermarkets? any pointers?
There is no "pointer" for this because we don't know from where they take the chicken. Keeping all the hassles aside, your best bet is to procure a live one from your local people who rear and breed them in small numbers.

Buy online from Honestkart.com
Forgive my skepticism but lol please. Anyone can do and claim whatever they want.

Also here's an important health tip: don't eat too much KFC or any imported chicken/foreign food chains. They are regularly fed with growth/weight boosting drugs. These don't apply only to chickens but also other meat for consumption like pigs and gators. Because as already said by someone here, they get very little profit and the main objective of these corporate companies is max profit at minimum cost much like how many Indians/Indian companies do business here. Not ironic? Anyway I saw this on a food programme on the TV a few months ago. Don't go believing too much into food safety license blindly.
As for the pigs it's best to get them from the country-side. Families who have pigs. Not the ones by private companies.

Source: I have a poultry farm myself and the above are from my 3-4 years of experience running it. And no we don't use any "growth/weight boosting drugs" so they take months to grow. I often get tired and fed up of feeding them because it takes ages.... Of course when I do sell I have to do it at a higher cost to break even or even make some profit. And not bragging but the fact that people continue to buy them proves that some people aren't as ignorant nowadays and they have started caring more about their health. And ye they always request (more like pleading tbh) me to not stop doing it and to never use those drugs. Coz what's the point then?

Bonus: :D
IMG_20180119_152846589_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

There was a full front page advert on antibiotic free chicken in today's Times of India (Delhi Edition). 'Issued in public interest' by Mobius Foundation

Anyone know wth is this about and who the Mobius foundation is?

chicken.JPG

There was a full front page advert on antibiotic free chicken in today's Times of India (Delhi Edition). 'Issued in public interest' by Mobius Foundation

Anyone know wth is this about and who the Mobius foundation is?

View attachment 73885
COME ONE, COME ALL!!
"iPwnz' Healthy Chicken Centre- For healthier lives!"
Founder and CEO,
iPwnz
:D

Seriously, if there was any dedicated 1-day shipping/delivery all over India I would ship them!
kiss your kidneys goodbye :p

This is generally a global issue, not only issue with Indian chicken farms. The problem is that organic production is very expensive, and not so many people will be able to buy these products. So the products must be produced cheaply, in which sense chemistry steps in

@iPwnz, put a cute anime girl mascot on your chicken and sell them. OwO

for dedicated 1 day shipping of frozen food in one day we would need a hyperloop type closed tube transport system. And it should be cheaper than ground or air transport. impossible.

Back