How is Dr. Batra's for acne?

Yup. Did they give u what homeopathic concoction they are giving u.

U can also try himalaya acne and pimple cream. They are herbal and himalaya is a reputed company.
yup. They gave me these following
NAT M 200 BD
SIL 6X BD
SIL Powder LA-1BT

I have been suffering from acne off n on for years. I cant tell you laser pointed solution but here is what works for me:
1. make sure to have complete twice a day. ( rice/ chapatti with yourself dal and veggie)
2. watch your face atleast twice (i do morning and evening ) with a decent facewash ( i use patanjali/ neem etc take your own pick)
3. drink atleast 2 cups of water post food. (if you are a desk worker, make sure to have a bottle and keep hydrating yourself every hour)
4. Take rest atleast 6-7 hours (preferably continuous)
5. some exercise is good, though I am able to control acne without exercise as well.

You mean I should take rice or chapati with dal and veggies 2 times out of 3 meals?

Many of you have helped by providing some medications but it would take time to see which works for me.:mad:

Random advice (may not apply to you, I just remembered it now)

One of my friend had a very sensitive skin, and even a mild rub of fabric on his face used to cause an outburst of pimples. The doctors advised him to tap his face with towel after washing to dry, instead of rubbing the towel all over the face.

Also, they advised him to sleep on his back, instead of sideways or on the stomach. His conditioned improved considerably after a few months of practising this, along with the medication and diet suggested by them.

Last edited:
A General piece of advice. use fash facewash temporarily works for all grades of acne.
My friend uses this. It's effective as far as he is concerned.

W6MZtpI.jpg?1

yup. They gave me these following
NAT M 200 BD
SIL 6X BD
SIL Powder LA-1BT

Many of you have helped by providing some medications but it would take time to see which works for me.:mad:

Batra charged u all that money for above medication. Wow thats highway robbery.

Any case u can try r53 and himalaya acne cream. The composition of r53 is different from what batra advised u.

There are different compositions and they work on different people, There is sallicylic acid based creams, there is accutane, Clyndamycin Phosphate gel. There are atleast 2 more. Each requires time to work, but most do work on the basic level.

If you have red and inflamed pimples, it means that there is bacterial infection getting in AFTER the pimples are formed. So first you need a cream that fights and keeps the bacteria from infecting them try Entyrop (Clyndamycin Phosphate) Gel. Then when that is in control I suggest a Sallicylic acid based ointment like Dr Reddy's Sallicylix 6% or 12% if you have a lot.(costs around 50-80 bucks.)

Hope this helps.

Try not to use heavily medicated ointments. Instead take azithromycin (Azitab 250/500), before an hour of meal intake. Take it every alternate day for two weeks.... You should see improvement... I would suggest you to visit a good dermatologist. Where are you located??

Beware- Using sallicylic acid may cause heavy peeling, acne condition may worsen first and then improve.
Its quickens removal of dead skin ie no need of exfoliating using anything that scrubs. Pretty good if you want your pimples to heal. Once the dead skin is gone, basically all products become more effective too.

OP has 3rd Grade of Acne, I want him to visit dermatologist ASAP. All your Suggestions Won't work. This is my observation from past 10 years.

Last edited:
LMAO, doctors giving Dusshera discount..
What else do you expect ? All you get is white "Golis" which no one knows what they are made of apart from they are sweet.

PM Me, I will give name of the ayurvedic soap which can reduce your prob to 90 %.
No harsh chemicals. Go to market/purchase online - 1 Soap = 40 Rs.
Take 2 & try. No harm in spending 80 Rs. when you have already spent so much on white golis.

hmmm.
Got to a proper dermatologist today and she recommended the following.
Doxycyclin
Aclind BP Gel
Clindamycin Gel
Fash Facewash
Didn't get the chance to buy these today as I was getting late to meet someone. Will get them tomorrow

So you do have an infection. Take care of it properly and don't let it thrive; it leaves nasty marks on your face. Follow the treatment recommended by the doctor thoroughly and don't change course midway.

Got the medicines just now.
Hope it keeps the acne at bay or completely kills it, although I doubt about the latter.
The Doctor has told me to see her after 3 weeks. Hoping to hear good news and see good results

The medicines that I got on Monday seem good. The acne is in control for now.
These were the meds
Doxycyclin
Aclind BP Gel
Clindamycin Gel
Fash Facewash

The medicines that I got on Monday seem good. The acne is in control for now.
These were the meds
Doxycyclin
Aclind BP Gel
Clindamycin Gel
Fash Facewash
Entyrop (Clyndamycin Phosphate) Gel I suggested was the same :p It reduces bacterial infection of the pimples and basically reduces it to dysfunctional pores which can be worked with after that.

guys a good cream to remove acne scars ? have improved my acne quite a lot but have a few old scars duee to acne that i want to remove.

Back