How is SQL Star

Hi guys,I am interested to pursue career in Databases. I was looking for institutes which could provide good training along with practical experience for PL/SQL and SQL. Also interested in pursuing certification for the same as its the stepping stone for becoming a DBA.
Can anyone throw light on the mentioned institute in mumbai. Or so better institutes.
Thanks and regards.

pinga123 said:
I heard lot of good reviews about it(Andheri branch).
but again it was 1 year back not sure about current situation.
Hi yep even I have heard its good. sqtl is best for software testing and for dba admin courses sql star..

even I am planning to join the course in 2 months. Are you opt for the oracle dba admin ?

^^ yes.. but in the later course.

The pre-requisites(sql/plsql) is necessary to be completed to be a dba.

besides i inquired in sql star, they are teaching oracle 10g for OCA.

i have done DBA i.e OCP from SQL Star, andheri.
Let me tell you teachers were good when i did. Now staff changed.
They show the PPT using projector and read it and explain it. We used to :| sleep :D during our morning class.
Also LAB is good. and big enough to practice. Each student gets his/her hand on individual PC.
Nice thing is they provide free practice in their LAB even after completion of your course till 1 year.
They give some concession on exam fees too. And provide placements which i dont think going to help you. Because it doesnt for me till now :mad:
And fees of SQL star is higher than any other SQL teaching class.
Let me tell you now DO NOT GO FOR OCP CERTIFICATION. There is no scope for it.
Go in developers track.
i.e. DO OCA ( SQL + Fundamentals 1) and then PL/SQL
It will definately help you.

abhisinalkar said:
i have done DBA i.e OCP from SQL Star, andheri.

Let me tell you teachers were good when i did. Now staff changed.

They show the PPT using projector and read it and explain it. We used to :| sleep :D during our morning class.

Also LAB is good. and big enough to practice. Each student gets his/her hand on individual PC.

Nice thing is they provide free practice in their LAB even after completion of your course till 1 year.

They give some concession on exam fees too. And provide placements which i dont think going to help you. Because it doesnt for me till now :mad:

And fees of SQL star is higher than any other SQL teaching class.

Let me tell you now DO NOT GO FOR OCP CERTIFICATION. There is no scope for it.

Go in developers track.

i.e. DO OCA ( SQL + Fundamentals 1) and then PL/SQL

It will definately help you.
thanks for ur advice man...

i am done with my oca training(sql fundas and 2 and pl/sql). Looking for job.

Back