How is this laptop

From what I have heard. Amd mobile processors are of no good. They generate a lot of heat and eat too much battery. However I am not sure of its true or not.

4m!7 said:
From what I have heard. Amd mobile processors are of no good. They generate a lot of heat and eat too much battery. However I am not sure of its true or not.

Thats right mate.I had a Gateway with AMD processor the lappy used to get heated up very fas as compared to my present Toshiba which has Intel proccy .My roomie has a HP with AMD proccy ,he can boil eggs by keeping them on the lappy:rofl: .One word try avoiding AMD in laptops .

If your budget is 30k, then go for Lenovo G series.They are well-built,don't have any heating issues as well as have intel proccys.Only thing you will be missing are the wide range of colours.

ravi_9793 said:
Friends...

what you think about this lappy.

eBay India: New Dell inspiron 1546 Laptop 4GB Memory Cam Notebook (item 110497062366 end time 01-Mar-2010 22:00:30 IST)

Dell inspiron 1546

PROCESSOR - AMD Turion?X2 Dual-Core RM-75 (2.2GHz / 1MB)

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit

4GB Memory

250GB HDD

1.3 Cam

512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330

15.6 WLED display (1366x768)

Price: Rs. 27,999.00

I want to suggest this laptop to my friend...

Its a dealer warranty :no:

This laptop is not listed in Dell india site and only available in the US site.

Dont buy it with a dealer warranty as it is equal to no warranty

since when did dell started giving laptops with amd processors, i never heard of it before

IMO ur best best for under 30 k laptop for a good config wud be acer 4736z

if u want dell then new del inspirons with i3 processors are there for arounnd 32-33k check dell india website...

sexy price...but AMD Turions are not that good as compared with Intel mobile proccy's. But for normal office work thik hai! My friend has something similar though with Nvdia chipset and he's happy with it for office work.

Know ur purpose and u shall get an Answer my friend. If you are thinking of gaming..FORGET IT! At most 2D games or causal games.

nikrusty said:
sexy price...but AMD Turions are not that good as compared with Intel mobile proccy's. But for normal office work thik hai! My friend has something similar though with Nvdia chipset and he's happy with it for office work.

Know ur purpose and u shall get an Answer my friend. If you are thinking of gaming..FORGET IT! At most 2D games or causal games.
Actually main problem now is warranty in India. This model is not available in India. :mad:

As far as the specs go.... I think its a decent lappy.
ask your friend if he can extend his budget and get a better processor....

Back