CPU/Mobo How long did you CPU last and what are the tips to increase life.

I still have my 1st CPU from 1995 and it works.
I was only 12 years old and my mom is lawyer so she bought computer to use as law book library from software.
But i used it more for playing games like Prince, Jill & dangerous dave.
Intel 486dx2 @ 66Mhz (18 years old)

Now am on a new pc that cost me about 2 lacs, AMD Phenom 2 1100T @ 3.3Ghz (2 years old)
And I trade in forex and commodities on my pc with four 22inch monitors and one 27 inch all connected to two 6950 1gb radeons. ;)

My First one was a P4 system I purchased back in 2002 and its MoBo lasted 2 years after which I had to get it replaced by Intel which took almost 5-6 weeks. Hell long time. That was 845 chipset MoBo. Then I purchased Intel Quad core in 2009 and Asus P5KPL-CM MoBo which is still running on one of my system. Now I have i5 3750K With ASUS P8Z77 V Pro which I bought in Oct 2012.

I still have my 1st CPU from 1995 and it works.
I was only 12 years old and my mom is lawyer so she bought computer to use as law book library from software.
But i used it more for playing games like Prince, Jill & dangerous dave.
Intel 486dx2 @ 66Mhz (18 years old)

Now am on a new pc that cost me about 2 lacs, AMD Phenom 2 1100T @ 3.3Ghz (2 years old)
And I trade in forex and commodities on my pc with four 22inch monitors and one 27 inch all connected to two 6950 1gb radeons. ;)

WoW!! That is pretty impressive. The CPUs generally don't conk without a reason, the MB is the main cause for such a thing. It is usually the MB that cannot keep up with the CPU and conks earlier and finding a new board is very very hard.

My first CPU was a P-II 350 MHz which lasted till I sold my system after 2 years. Then my upgrade was an AMD Athlon which conked within warranty and had the replacement working till the next upgrade which was 5 years later, another Athlon 64 which is still with me which would make it 7 years. The latest I have is the AMD 6 core FX6100, 2 months old.

Back