How many hours you play?

Safin

Skilled
How many hours you devote to playing computer games every week?

Well as for me i used to play like hell till 2 years back but after that my interest is going down regularly. I now just download/buy the games and never play.(just to show to others i have them :p )
Dunno i have noticed that increasing graphic requirements of the games is one reason. Esp now when development cycle of the card manufacturers is just about 6months, it is a real pain if not absolutely impossible to invest regularly in graphic cards.

For that particular reason i do believe that its now getting pretty ridiculous. Ok one can say that you can play the games at lower settings, but is that any argument, When you pay so much you do expect full performance for atleast 2years.(in that sense processors are so much better) Can't say what can be done but i think it will be better if the development time is made larger for the cards so that they get the best card in the market not to regularly and which lasts some time. Or better the gaming industry get together and started standardizing the requirements for a period of 1and a half or two years.

I play about 30 plus hours a week.
And yes its a pain having to buy a card every 6month.
I couldn't agree more about what you said about the gaming industry,just look at DOOM 3 system requirements....it is ridiculous.
And the war between ATI & Nvidia which the victims our us the consumer..
I hope something will change in the near future in better for gamers.

As with SuperNova, I too get excited when a new game arrives like say HL2 or Doom3. I try my best to get those but unfortunately never manage enough time to play the games. Its sad but rarely do I finish any game from first to last :(

On an average, I'll say 1-5 hours per week but then also there are so many games and demos all round, its really tough to play and finish them unless u're a full time gamer.

Strider said:
As with SuperNova, I too get excited when a new game arrives like say HL2 or Doom3. I try my best to get those but unfortunately never manage enough time to play the games. Its sad but rarely do I finish any game from first to last :(

same case here :D
get bored of games very soon....

1-5 hrs a week since my final year started:tongue:

but, am gonna play a lot next week...thats from 1st to 3rd :D

I got my college gaming tournament to look forward to 8)

I'm playin 30+ hrs since my final sem started , Used to play like 2-3 hrs before.
Hey Xterminator , I thought final yr is the one where u get lot of free time :huh: :huh:

@Imagine.....

that is absolutely incorrect when u are doing BSc(IT)....speaking from personal experience.....

too many things to do....too little time:p

Actually, project work gets on to you more than anything else.

Imagine said:
ok ,in Btech its the other way ,in final year u got only the project which is programming stuff so no big deal
yea...programming is there but we got 4 subjects along with it also.

and apart from that, we gotta give seminars also in coll...so u see, if u r in a company, it is tough to find time due to the long working hours.

Hmm in our case,we have semester system right from the 1st year.So till the 7th sem life is boring and just drags around theory and practicals.But in 8th sem, u have to give semiars,have classes for 1 month and do the project too.

i play for like 30+ hours...all UT2004 dedicated time..being in a international clan and one of the founders i need to spend that time with my team mates to keep things alive..ensure that [InX] secures the top position in Assault league

Back