Video How much does cable / DTH cost you per month

Which service are you wtih

• Cable Operator

• DTH

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tata Sky - about 800-900 per month for 2 TVs - with their 6-month "all channels - except south" HD package. (semi annual) - i keep renewing every 6 months.

Airtel DTH - 750/-per month for south mega including all HD channels. Have cable for another TV, Paying Rs.120 for that for around 200 channels.

Airtel DTH - Rs.408 per month - South Max base pack with some HD pack that includes around 25 HD channels (mainly Sports and English Entertainment and English Movies).

Videocon D2H, 12 months recharge of 7500 or above. Planning to shift, plus need to take multi room connection.[DOUBLEPOST=1505719018][/DOUBLEPOST]Videocon D2H, 12 months recharge of 7500 or above. Planning to shift, plus need to take multi room connection.

Videocon D2H, 12 months recharge of 7500 or above. Planning to shift, plus need to take multi room connection.[DOUBLEPOST=1505719018][/DOUBLEPOST]Videocon D2H, 12 months recharge of 7500 or above. Planning to shift, plus need to take multi room connection.
I had taken Videocon 12 month pack as well considering they had the highest no of HD channels at that time. But within six months every other provider surged ahead. Even I am thinking of moving to a different provider when the current pack expires in December.
From now on, I might stick with monthly payments or at max quarterly packages. It's a good thing I already have STBs of Tata Sky and Airtel with me, so shifting services shouldn't turn out to be a costly affair.

Moving to Internet TV Plan from Airtel, after a CC called me. Its 7K with Infinity plan, which is good considering the box itself goes for 3-4k.

I dont know if it is IPTV or not. I will tell the details may be @vivek.krishnan can say if it is IPTV or not. Before Jio Set top box, we had a coax connection to all our houses through which we used to view channels. As far as I know, that was analog. After we were given Jio Set top box, migration was just a matter of plugging the same co-ax cable to the set top box, and HDMI from set top box to TV. I am not sure if they are using IPTV on co-ax

I dont know if it is IPTV or not. I will tell the details may be @vivek.krishnan can say if it is IPTV or not. Before Jio Set top box, we had a coax connection to all our houses through which we used to view channels. As far as I know, that was analog. After we were given Jio Set top box, migration was just a matter of plugging the same co-ax cable to the set top box, and HDMI from set top box to TV. I am not sure if they are using IPTV on co-ax

What you have is digital, but not IPTV, because its running over coax without another converter for RJ-45, and even if so, it does not make sense for Jio to use coax when they would use fiber.

My guess would be that JioTV and JioCinema would be the same for all, with just different front ends for IPTV STB.

Airtel DTH has been planning to install my box for the last 3 days, got fed up and bought SUN NXT for SUN Network channels for a year @480. Looks like paisa vasool,considering @ 40 INR per month and not limited to any location.

Back