Laptops How much perfomance improves with a SSD ?

Have a dell i5 5th gen, 4gb ram and 64 bit os.

All i do is use firefox, skype, excel and simplenote apps. Also have adobe premier elements installed that i sometimes need to use.

How much will performance improve with just 4gb ram more
How much will performance improve with 4gb ram more plus a 250 gb ssd to replace the hdd ?

i guess both can be managed in under 11k right ? samsung evo 850 is at 7k and ram 8gb is for like 4500. plus selling the current 4gb shud fetch like 1500 right ?

Increase in RAM will improve your browsing experience - more number of tabs and less sluggish rendering
Switching to a SSD will improve startup time, loading of apps and file transfers

i guess both can be managed in under 11k right ? samsung evo 850 is at 7k and ram 8gb is for like 4500. plus selling the current 4gb shud fetch like 1500 right ?
Are the RAM prices, still on the high side? I thought only DDR4 RAMs cost high.

How much will performance improve with just 4gb ram more
How much will performance improve with 4gb ram more plus a 250 gb ssd to replace the hdd ?

You need to choose option 2 IMO.

May be get one more 4GB stick and have RAMs in dual channel mode. Difference with SSD and HDD will be day and night. Startup time will be hugely improve. Application load time will improve too. Overall system will be significantly snappy. Remember, thee is no going back after using SSD once.

Back