Budget 71-90K How much will this config cost?

4600 for the 300R. Everything except the mobo was available, he reckons it'll take about 4 days for the mobo to arrive from Mumbai.

Another thing, about the Hard Disk: I had asked him for the 7200.14 Seagate HDD. He couldn't find that what generation the HDD was, so, I just told him to get me the one with 64 MB cache memory. The price was 5200.
Now, I came across this, it has 64MB cache memory too and significantly lower specs that the normal 7200.12 version. I think this is the one he's getting for me, should I tell him to change the order and get me the normal one with 32mb cache instead?

@Orija do you really trust flipkart.com for your tech information.

Go to Seagate's home-site and check out the actual specification-data -- Barracuda Specs | Seagate, compare newer 7200.14 drives with their 7200.12 brethren.

The latest generation Seagate Barracuda drives are 7200.14, these have a incremental increase in cache and higher platter density. Here are the advantages --
  • more cache means improvement in synthetic benchmark runs. Though real world performance is not very different;
  • more EFFICIENT -- because higher platter density [upto 1TB per platter] means lesser platters that need to be in the hard-drive, so less power consumption;
  • more RELIABLE -- lesser platters in a disc mean fewer drive access heads, so fewer chances of accidental-crashes;
  • also these hard-drives are the first mainstream hard-drives from Seagate that sport the SATA III interface.

The pricing of the Carbide 300R is inline with current market conditions.

Hope this helped. Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
*cough* Flipkart's on my Firefox homepage. *cough*

Woah, thanks for all the help, man. The only thing left to get is the gpu which will hopefully filled in by the 660gtx in August/Sept.

Back