How Much You Can Pay For A Good Screen Protector

These days, the best quality screenguards available in local Indian market are by " Scratchgard" and "Total" and sometimes Nilkin and MoLife, though availability of last 2 brands is scarce and MoLife has more fakes than original being sold.
ScratchGard prices are really high, minimum is ₹350 and goes higher for larger screen sizes. Total is priced more sensibly but it's quality is not as good as Scratchgard, still very good.

In foreign brands Stenhill and Realook are really great.

I feel, if scrtachgard like quality can be made available for around ₹150-200, that will be a great sucess. Regarding Made in China, they makes best as well as worst quality stuff. Due to lower demand of higher priced screenguards all the seller stock and sell lower priced stuff. In wholesale market they are priced anywhere between 8-15rs. a piece.

For tempered Glass, I feel ₹300-350 is a good price point if quality is not compromised. Normal regular quality Tempered glass sells of ₹40-80 in wholesale market and ₹150-300 in retail.

These days, the best quality screenguards available in local Indian market are by " Scratchgard" and "Total" and sometimes Nilkin and MoLife, though availability of last 2 brands is scarce and MoLife has more fakes than original being sold.
ScratchGard prices are really high, minimum is ₹350 and goes higher for larger screen sizes. Total is priced more sensibly but it's quality is not as good as Scratchgard, still very good.

In foreign brands Stenhill and Realook are really great.

I feel, if scrtachgard like quality can be made available for around ₹150-200, that will be a great sucess. Regarding Made in China, they makes best as well as worst quality stuff. Due to lower demand of higher priced screenguards all the seller stock and sell lower priced stuff. In wholesale market they are priced anywhere between 8-15rs. a piece.

For tempered Glass, I feel ₹300-350 is a good price point if quality is not compromised. Normal regular quality Tempered glass sells of ₹40-80 in wholesale market and ₹150-300 in retail.
Thank you very much to support and great advice from all my TE friends and that's why I love TE more than other forums.
I have been selling Scratchgard brand since 2 years specially on Amazon and yeah they are costly because they don't even come in sandwich packing and sometimes customer receive scratched screen protector.
Yes China provide different material but we are not looking at lower or even B class material. We want to work with only A class material and that's why we bought Chinese best material but soon we will bring more like Japanese, German & USA Gorilla glass, that may take sometime and depends on the success of our brand.
We already in touch with one of the manufacturer who produce Gorilla Glass protection with 0.12mm - 0.15mm flex tempered glass but that need huge quantity and all process done in China.
I am sure that these laser cut screen protectors are way better than Scratchgard.
If OnePlus and Xiaomi can do these things then we can also.
Again thank you for your support and love to hear more comments which can help us to see what consumer need.[DOUBLEPOST=1440076537][/DOUBLEPOST]
if you can compete with zagg quality , i am very fine to pay in the range 2-3k ~~~ , do you have something for 6+, xperia z and 6
I have never used Zagg but yeah heard many positives of that. Let us start with this and soon we will bring more products with high quality and low price.
Yes we have for iPhones and even for Apple watch but again iPhone 6 has curved screen which can not be covered with PET material screen protectors.

Up to 100 ₹ . If quality really good then 150 ₹ .
BTW I use 30 ₹ screen guards on all my phones , galaxy note , s3 , s4 , redmi 1s , note 4g .
Yeah these days you can get that price but those are not a good quality product.
If you go for a good quality one then you have to pay Rs.300 or may be higher. So what our goal is to bring that good quality at lower price.
Our target is Rs.199/- and in local market it can be sold at Rs.149/- but for online we have to sell it on MRP due to 14% CST and shipping charges plus transaction charges.
We will try to sell it on Amazon, eBay, Snapdeal & Flipkart with free shipping. We are working out on margins because we have to do so much manual work with machine.

I have quit using screen protectors altogether because of how bad they were. Of course, I too didn't wanna spend upwards of 300 Rs. on a screen guard and hence can't comment on their quality. Good quality protectors in the 100 to 200 range are very welcome.

I have quit using screen protectors altogether because of how bad they were. Of course, I too didn't wanna spend upwards of 300 Rs. on a screen guard and hence can't comment on their quality. Good quality protectors in the 100 to 200 range are very welcome.
Thanks for your feedback :)

cloud9store said:
We are trying our best to sell it as low
as possible but need your suggestions
on this.
Read this,
If you're worth the quality you speak of, then having a higher price point won't shoo away customers, if they vouch for the quality you provide.
^agreed. Consumers have become more aware of the quality nowadays. If the price is cheap the first thing which potential buyers will think is "wow low price. Quality might be bad".
I don't know what brand it was but my little brother bought a packet of tampered glass protectors (which had 4 in quantity) for his Redmi 2 online for just 150 bucks. Quality was much better than expected though I do not how how it would be after a few months.
A little late for suggestion but I just wanted to say that I wouldn't mind paying upto 300rs for a good tampered glass protector for upto upper entry-level range phones of 10k. This is minus the cloth/wipe and liquid. I hope that 399rs price will also include the shipping.
Not sure about the screenguards 150rs i guess.

Read this,

^agreed. Consumers have become more aware of the quality nowadays. If the price is cheap the first thing which potential buyers will think is "wow low price. Quality might be bad".
I don't know what brand it was but my little brother bought a packet of tampered glass protectors (which had 4 in quantity) for his Redmi 2 online for just 150 bucks. Quality was much better than expected though I do not how how it would be after a few months.
A little late for suggestion but I just wanted to say that I wouldn't mind paying upto 300rs for a good tampered glass protector for upto upper entry-level range phones of 10k. This is minus the cloth/wipe and liquid. I hope that 399rs price will also include the shipping.
Not sure about the screenguards 150rs i guess.
Thank you for the suggestion. Just launched the website time2guard.com and also listed many of the products on famous online market places.
We have decided to sell Ultra Clear Screen Protectors for Rs.199/- with cleaning kit and for bigger screen phones like 5.5" for Rs.249/- with cleaning kit.
Also launched some tempered glass with cleaning kit and free shipping for Rs.399/-
The tempered glass have 2.5D round edges, only 0.33mm thick and with Oleophobic coating.

I have never used a phone without a screen protector in my life and I have tried the local ones (50 bucks ones) all the way upto Zagg (2K if I remember right).

After having seen most, these days when I get a new phone, I go and blindly buy the Spigen Crystal 3 screen protectors pack for ~ 799/-. The reason is simple: It offers the same protection that others do BUT it is cut precisely to fit my whole screen without leaving anything out (and this is most important to me).
Like for example, look at the Spigen screen protector for the Nexus 5 and look at what others offer. The Spigen one covers the whole front face including the front camera and sensors (you don't need cutouts on the sensors and front camera!!!). Others have cutouts for the front camera and sensors and that gathers grime and dust with usage which I hate. Also, Spigen has very high quality: I have used it for all phones in the family and none of the phones has ever needed more than 1 protectors though I have to buy packs of 3!

So long story short, I will pay more for a precise cut and fit... Not essentially for an oleophobic coating or something else which is an add-on feature and not a core feature which is the fit and cut which offers maximum protection. Good luck with your venture! :D

I have never used a phone without a screen protector in my life and I have tried the local ones (50 bucks ones) all the way upto Zagg (2K if I remember right).

After having seen most, these days when I get a new phone, I go and blindly buy the Spigen Crystal 3 screen protectors pack for ~ 799/-. The reason is simple: It offers the same protection that others do BUT it is cut precisely to fit my whole screen without leaving anything out (and this is most important to me).
Like for example, look at the Spigen screen protector for the Nexus 5 and look at what others offer. The Spigen one covers the whole front face including the front camera and sensors (you don't need cutouts on the sensors and front camera!!!). Others have cutouts for the front camera and sensors and that gathers grime and dust with usage which I hate. Also, Spigen has very high quality: I have used it for all phones in the family and none of the phones has ever needed more than 1 protectors though I have to buy packs of 3!

So long story short, I will pay more for a precise cut and fit... Not essentially for an oleophobic coating or something else which is an add-on feature and not a core feature which is the fit and cut which offers maximum protection. Good luck with your venture! :D
Thanks for this but at the moment we are focusing on high quality with cheapest price possible because we are making this here in India :)
This is just a start for us and later on we will move towards high quality material from Japan and we are in touch with one company who can make flexible tempered glass from gorilla glass.
But that is far from us due to heavy production cost etc. Our dream is to make things premium with lowest price possible and thats why we are taking feedback from our beloved TE users.
Our next step is to make skins like dbrand and with lowest price. We will import the Japanese machine and materials like Carbon Fiber, Leather etc.
Wish us luck so that we can move ahead and make things better for India. :)

Back