Audio How should I place my 5.1 speakers with gaming pc?

So I have these 5.1 speakers and have been connected to my TV from last two years. Each speaker at top corners of our drawing room and center placed on sub below TV.
Now a friend of mine came by and told me how wrong this placement was and gave me suggestion which went up above my head. But i got one thing that yes, I have to change this setup. So what he was suggesting was not possible in drawing room and so I decided to take those speakers for my pc and use them there.

But i am confused on how to place them around my pc.

So my setup is my room and the table is placed at one corner of the room. Room size is about 12' X 15'.
How should I place the speakers to get true 5.1 surround effect.

Thanks. Audiophiles please help.

Special attention with thanks @avi @vyral_143 @Chaos @ALPHA17

From what I had read on web, You should have 4 corner speakers such that they are just above you ears; your ears are at height of say 5 feet when you sit, you need to place them at 6 feet. Also rear speakers must be behind from where you are sitting. Center speaker is most times bang in front of you. There are few calibrations available. You may check them in this thread.
PS: I have not done calibration but have tried to put them in similar arrangement described earlier. Since my new home had every wires concealed already, I could not alter much.

Back