How the ‘John Oliver Effect’ Is Having a Real-Life Impact

I like the trio of Stewart, Colbert and John Oliver. Even Jon Stewart had an amazing segment last week - around homelessness in Utah City. Problem with his and Colbert's show is daily masala they need to generate. Oliver's show has 30 minutes condensed time to deliver its messages. I guess it really hits home the point - if something is good, we don't want more of it on a diluted dose on daily basis rather condensed form on a weekly basis.

I have the whole first season. Insane show. He is kickass!

I still remember that line. "And this company's argument has the characterizing flavour of bullshit." hahahaha

He's back and the first episode he roasted Ecuador's president, the best part of the show. I wish he could learn about some of our Indian leaders, they would be burning his effigy next day.

It's pretty much the same here in India. I'd say even worse because it's not that strict and there is rampant corruption.

JeffWecan, trended yesterday. Not sure if they can keep the momentum though.

But one has to wonder, the tactic used by PMI against Australia. Though he says lawyers need pat and punch, they actually just need a punch for doing what they did.

But one has to wonder, the tactic used by PMI against Australia. Though he says lawyers need pat and punch, they actually just need a punch for doing what they did.
Nope. Pat and punch :D Classic Oliver.

Tobacco industry is more about ripping third-world countries now.

I hope he comes back as Professor Duncan in Community.

Back