how to add sms service to website !!!

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Friends I want to know how are sms send to mobile in php ???
like for forgotten password or banking transaction sms alert and all sort of things.

after digging this topic till the part where we need sms gateway of carrier but were to get all the carrier list ???
I have a Vodafone no. so started to search on it and bingo !!!! no result.

how do way2sms.com
fullonsms.com
160by2.com
and others send messages after just getting the no. ???

We've been using Twilio for a while now. Works very well internationally, in India you'll still have to deal with crappy laws (SMS limit/dnd etc) though, twilio folks are trying to get this straight, but as of a retry policy and fallback to emails is necessary. Its a webservice with a fairly clean and easy to use API, so should not be an issue. Give it a try http://www.twilio.com/

Friends I want to know how are sms send to mobile in php ???
like for forgotten password or banking transaction sms alert and all sort of things.

after digging this topic till the part where we need sms gateway of carrier but were to get all the carrier list ???
I have a Vodafone no. so started to search on it and bingo !!!! no result.

how do way2sms.com
fullonsms.com
160by2.com
and others send messages after just getting the no. ???
There are dozens of SMS re-sellers out there, get an account from one of them. Aprxx 6-10p / sms and follow their instructions to set it up on your website.

I wanted to know how they set it up means there server for sms technology ???
and like we can send mail form our localhost for test purpose from mercury mailer, is there a way to send sms with some thing else ???

I wanted to know how they set it up means there server for sms technology ???
and like we can send mail form our localhost for test purpose from mercury mailer, is there a way to send sms with some thing else ???
sure there is, IIRC its open source. Its all a question of what you want to do really. From setting it on your website you have moved to a SMS server, two totally different things mate.

sure there is, IIRC its open source. Its all a question of what you want to do really. From setting it on your website you have moved to a SMS server, two totally different things mate.

I just want to know how is a sms server setup and is it possible to setup one at localhost ?
like we use xampp and other software to do for web services.

I want to add sms related services to me project and test it if it is able to send sms to any given mobile no. like what the banking software or cms software are able to do :)

We used SMS notification stuff in our final year engineering project. We used some local bulk SMS provider (Don't remember the name now).

I am unable to make myself clear about your issue. Do you want to setup your own SMS gateway or use SMS service from one of the existing bulk SMS providers?

I want to setup your own SMS gateway and use it for the project.
and that's what i am interested in to learn.

Prince.... You Cannot do it.
understand the thing here, Emails travel from internet to internet, SMS and Calls transfer NOT from internet but between TELECOM OPs. Can you ring someone's phone without a phone in your hand ? its a Point A & Point B which talk between themselves using a set encapsulation/protocol/tech.
Even when you make a VOIP(PC to Phone) Call, you need to use skype or any such SERVICE, as they are connected with telecom companies Gateway to route the call. For you to send SMS, you need to have a Telecom Network your self, which is impossible. Hence you have to buy a package with telecom company who give you a handy subscription to their Gateway.

Back