How to Buy PC Games on Steam in India Using Cash on Delivery

Guys,

Chill out & stop ranting boys,
Feel happy that gaming has become interesting in India since 2-3 years.

Gaming companies and GPU manufacturers like Ubisoft, nvidia, AMD have setup their developments centers in India. There may be more that I don't know.

Almost 70% computer component manufacturers have setup service centers and started distributing in India and competition between them have resulted in best prices to the end users like us.

Still more companies need to come.

If the major chip manufacturers like Intel, AMD, Qualcom setup chip design and foundries in India, then their prices will ultimately come down and it will be great for the Indian Economy as well.
I hope for that day to come...

Last edited:
you know who the president of america is right? now if i say i wanna be the POTUS one day,and you downright say its impossible.
thats the difference,you turned a blind eye, never considered the possibility of going to U.S ,getting a Citizenship, spending 20 years there,Joining the democrats ,running for election,harassing Donald trump.
Just to harass him you will do so much work? I never said its impossible.I just rejected that possibility because instead I would do same amount of work here & try to make india better than usa. This idea is more appropriate & makes more sense & most of the people who understands will agree. Anyways its way off topic thus I wont go any further with this example.

Again Local Purchasing Power in Singapore is 18.34% higher than in India thus that hike in price there is justified. India has many issues to solve then going for something which are really NOT important.

I only know around 4-5 guys in my circle owning 3l-5l rig & they do mostly use it mainly for their professional use (designing, encoding, editing media content...etc. Even in youtube generally streamers use that kind of rig).yes they game too but not much since for gaming you don't actually require so much, and yes 2 persons out of them didn't liquid cool. the reason simply they gave was they just don't need it. It would be wise to invest on something else. I am certain that they all know what they do how they do. Also there are tons of youtube videos too.

About importing then I would say even then the price difference would be 5-6k max & not all companies give international warranty. What if I don't want EVGA?

Btw People who spend more & are not knowledgeable either just want to show off or knows their stuff & don't need them same goes for mac.
Also is there any data from where we can find out how many people buy online in india & in USA? Thus all these statement are based on presumptions.

It is consumers choice & decision you HAVE NO RIGHT to force them to do anything. Neither should you judge them on the basis of this. Yes you are informing them about possibilities then its good, the rest is up to them.I replied because from your replies it looks you want them to act according to you.

They(companies) are doing business & they know far better than us in what to do & how to attract consumers.Its good that they are trying to reach a large segment of consumers then let them.

Last edited:
Guess the issue was with our online payment method. AFAIK, only couple of banks' cards worked with international gateways.

BTW Can I officially get Steam controller in India now? Gaben pls

I get conflicting reports every time I ask this to link users. Some say it's only good for gamepad type games and rpgs, some say they run everything with no problem. However the universal advice was do not ever run it on wireless, absolutely use wired connections.

Its a good move, but I don't see much difference. Many people still dont give a f*** about digital content, even at my office, people ask me why I buy discs when I can get them for free.

Its a good move, but I don't see much difference. Many people still dont give a f*** about digital content, even at my office, people ask me why I buy discs when I can get them for free.

I don't think they play much on PC or play any games at all. I am looking at the top 100 game torrent list and the only mainstream releases I see are Mafia III which many downloaders are saying doesn't wok, Civ VI and indie titles. Most Denuvo releases take time to crack, and popular multiplayer titles like BF1, CoD, Overwatch can't be cracked into multiplayer. Besides, we have a pretty good regional pricing from Steam and Ubisoft for most titles and Steam sales discount them even further so there never has been a better time to go legit :)

I don't think they play much on PC or play any games at all. I am looking at the top 100 game torrent list and the only mainstream releases I see are Mafia III which many downloaders are saying doesn't wok, Civ VI and indie titles. Most Denuvo releases take time to crack, and popular multiplayer titles like BF1, CoD, Overwatch can't be cracked into multiplayer. Besides, we have a pretty good regional pricing from Steam and Ubisoft for most titles and Steam sales discount them even further so there never has been a better time to go legit :)

Ubisoft? How? All I see is the value in GBP in my uplay client..

I meant Ubi as a publisher, my bad. Most of their games are available on Steam or in retail and cost about Rs 1799. Yes their online store is horrible.

Guess the issue was with our online payment method. AFAIK, only couple of banks' cards worked with international gateways.

BTW Can I officially get Steam controller in India now? Gaben pls
yes they have plans to launch it that's why these steps.

Last edited:
I get conflicting reports every time I ask this to link users. Some say it's only good for gamepad type games and rpgs, some say they run everything with no problem. However the universal advice was do not ever run it on wireless, absolutely use wired connections.

Well the LINK sold for 1000rs recently,it's a decent device,the problem is Respons Lag,if you are using a high refresh rate display,G/free/fast sync then the Link will basically feel atrocious on a TV,plus TVs anyways have high respond lag,that's my experience.It's too laggy in this way.the video stream will be perfectly fine.

It's not bad for Single player games but,but it's something you will use for 10 days because you have then forget.

Has anyone tried steam controller ? (getting it from US via friends/family)
How is it? is it any better than classic x360 controller? Heard ppl saying its cheap quality controller..

Has anyone tried steam controller ? (getting it from US via friends/family)
How is it? is it any better than classic x360 controller? Heard ppl saying its cheap quality controller..

It's not performance oriented,I don't own it but after an hour of usage felt that.swiping fingers on a controller.

When it comes to controller,A Standard Xbox controlled is what I prefer

The Steam controller was a nice experiment. But really it's for that mythical breed of gamers who play shooters and rts's on their PC from a couch.
Fwiw, I hear it's a good experience playing Civ and GTA5 on it.

Five minutes later once the guy holding the gun to your head leaves, you can switch back to kb+mouse.

Is steam link good for fps games?

So, I'm using the Steam Link and Steam Controller for the past 2-3 weeks and thought I might answer this.

Well Steam Link first: Performance depends on 1. Your network, 2. Your PC. As mentioned a number of times, it works best on wired networks. Obviously, I don't have that in my apartment, so, I am currently using it wireless. So, both my pc and the steam link connect to the router wirelessly.
Next, your PC should be capable enough to not only run the game in decent quality and high fps, but also encrypt and send it over the network with low latency. My PC is 5 yrs old now, so it is not really the best for the latest games.
However, though I had very low expectations, the steam link actually worked somewhat better than my expectations. I played Oxenfree from my couch and it was excellent. Euro Truck Sim was also pretty good. Shadow of Mordor, on the other hand, not so good. The fps was just too low. For my setup mentioned above, I feel it is best for story based adventure type games like Telltale series, Life is Strange type of stuff. With better setup, you can maybe play controller based action games like Shadow of Mordor, AssCreed, Batman etc. I would not recommend fps games though.

Steam Controller: this is actually a pretty good device. The customization is amazing. The default setups are also pretty good. It works very well with the games I tried: Shadow of Mordor, GTA V (driving and flying parts), Euro Truck, etc. I tried Grim Dawn, but there are just not enough buttons for an ARPG. Yet to try Civ5, but I have it installed and will try it someday. I never got the hang of playing shooting games with controllers, so I didnt do that. The big limitation with Steam controller is that you have to have the Steam overlay running to get the controller to work. So, that means I cannot use it for Forza Apex. I can launch my GTA5 through steam so the controller works pretty well there.

Back