how to capture printed photographs from mobile or digital camera?

jaleel_sh

Disciple
As like others i had big bunch of printed photographs, i didnt had scanner, Is it possible to capture every photograph through mobile cam or digi cam.

I tried but most of the times it lacks on lights(over flash or no lights). Is anybody achieve this. I tried in web, but cant able to identify good results.

best if you have DSLR. still remember a studio guy just snapped my passport photo and ported to PS for 16 copies.
better if you setup light and capture with P&S and mobile cam results nothing but worst unless you have phone with xenon flash.
Why not get/lent a scanner or AIO from friends/relative and do in one go.

i've got good results with digicams in indirect sunlight. better resolution than a scanner though you have to take care to avoid distortions due to the the lens.

Turn off the flash, use macro mode if available :)

One more thing you can do, courier me all the pics, will get all them scanned, and will email to you :p

even i have a scanner but i feel lazy to scan many photos.. i just use my camera and take photos without flash in sunlight/even lightning. and they're as good as scanned :D

Firstly use telephoto lens or higher end of zoom in you camera. this would create least distortion
Use diffused light to get best result.. As mentioned above, sunlight getting diffused via window or curtains makes best result. Make sure light is even over the photo.

If cannot use sunlight, U need off camera lights, i.e. lights other than the camera built in flash to get the desired photo. By rule, of camera light must be out of direct reflection family of angle of the given situation to avoid the glare of light in your glossy print.
In laymen language, it should be at more angle from vertical as possible

Hint: Use a tripod. The pics will need to be cleaned up in PS, as well as shape corrected in PS if you take them even from a slight angle.

I've done this before. Setup a table with lights on either side, as far off as you can to avoid reflections. Ensure even light across the picture. And do use a telephoto lens as mentioned by ashvarybabul

This was my setup
DSC_6490.JPG

Back