Storage Solutions How to connect desktop dual layer dvd burner to laptop?

themasterguy

Disciple
I have Toshiba satellite x200 laptop and I am looking to buy a dual layer dvd burner (for backing up my xbox 360 games, so if anyone can tell which burner to buy that will be great too). I will be buying the desktop version of the burner (as I am already having a normal dvd burner in the laptop beside a dual layer laptop dvd burner will be expensive) and would like to connect it to laptop (as I dont have a desktop). So I wanted to ask how can I connect the desktop burner to laptop and what things I will need.

Also if anyone can tell me the prices of the dual layer dvd burner and the accessories that will be needed to connect it to laptop, thn it will assist me in buying quickly.

Thanks & Regards

get an external usb 3.5" sata usb 2 or 3 case. buy a sata dl dvd burner (available for around Rs 950 -1.2k) and put it in the case. connect it via usb to laptop and use dvd writing program like Imgburn. The external case will cost around 1000 i guess.

Ok. I checked the price of external usb 3.5" sata usb 2 case on ebay and its around 600.

Can anyone also tell which is the best dual layer dvd burner for burning xbox 360 games?

Thanks

^^ There is no so called best dual layer drives as such on the market, you can buy any of the following brands which are available plentiful in the market --

OEM pieces from LG / Samsung ~ 950/- -- 1000/-,

boxed pieces from Sony / HP ~ 1100/- -- 1200/-,

all the above drives have a write speed of 22x media available is all 16x.

Hope this helps and a happy new year to all on this thread. Cheers!!

I am using one like that. I had a Sony drive lying idle in my non-functional desktop. So I created an external drive by getting a SATA to USB 5.25" casing @ 800/- , a Techcom one and putting the desktop internal drive into it. I use it regularly with my netbook.

It turns out that my Laptop existing HD DVD burner is also capable of burning dual layer disc so money saved here
<

Ok. I checked the price of external usb 3.5" sata usb 2 case on ebay and its around 600.

Can anyone also tell which is the best dual layer dvd burner for burning xbox 360 games?

Thanks

you cant burn YOUR XBOX BACKUPS with normal DVD burnners now. You need to buy Lite On iHAS burner , install custome f/w in them, and then burn your DL DVDs.

Its because of new update.

Might sound tought but its easy , hardly 2 mins

Back