Audio How to connect headphones to TV?

montylee

Skilled
I have a Samsung 29inch T.V which doesn't have a headphone port, it has audio out ports.

How can i connect my headphones to the T.V?

I found some stuff at:

Rca Plug: Rca Adapter, Xlr Adapter, Audio Adapter, Rca Connector, Mini Plug, Phone Plug, Banana Plug, Audio Adapter Cable, Adapter Cable

But they are huge varities there and i don't know which is suitable. Basically i need a convertor: One side of which should have 2 male connectors which will plug into the T.V audio out and the other side should have a headphone female port so that i can connect the headphones to that.

Any ideas about which converter should be useful and also some info regarding its availability in Delhi would be gr8.

Thanks in advance.

Whatever you do TAKE CARE as voltages in TV's are extremely high. There was an article in the local papers a few years back about this MAD MODDER who modified the speaker connection inside his TV to attach a minijack socket for a headphone and when he tried it he literally fried. :O

heh.. i used to take the signal from my tv (1986 vintage BUSH) speaker to connect to the line in of my tape deck to record from MTV :ashamed:... the wire had quite a bit of zap ... my recorder died in a few years(dunno if it had anything to do with it ) :(

But it worked :eek:hyeah:

@ Eazy... he isn't modding the TV itself. just taking the signal from the line out. Cmoys are fully isolated anyway:p

The line out on modern TV's are very safe :)... heck.... thats their PURPOSE !

Back