How to contact the seller on Snapdeal ?

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I want to order certain product but there is no way to first contact the seller before placing my order.
I logged into my account still got no such option to contact seller & exchange queries before placing an order.

This facility is very well provided by ebay/amazon/flipkart/shopclues. May be I'm missing something somewhere on snapdeal!

Anybody who shops/ shopped on snapdeal may be able to answer this.

I want to order certain product but there is no way to first contact the seller before placing my order.
I logged into my account still got no such option to contact seller & exchange queries before placing an order.

This facility is very well provided by ebay/amazon/flipkart/shopclues. May be I'm missing something somewhere on snapdeal!

Anybody who shops/ shopped on snapdeal may be able to answer this.
Never could find it . Even msg/email/query system on snapdeal gives no response .

Not possible. Even Snapdeal will not facilitate conversation if you want to ask Questions about your product after sales. I simply returned when such situation came.

Last edited:
WTH?? It is one the best websites to shop and they arent providing such basic but a very important option??:( :sour:

Well I want to order a phone battery for my bro and here the listing is pretty cheap and warranty isnt offered as well. Though it looks genuine and its user reviews are also good those who bought it but I still doubt how can a 1k battery cost here for 500 bucks. Hence want to clarify the same before finalizing.

What if the battery is a fake look-a-alike or it goes bad in no time? Then again run from pillar to post for refund coz if no warranty so no replace.:coldfeet:

Actually want to verify if the phone has any fault or its just its battery. So cant actually risk with a branded >1k battery just for test purpose hence wanna gamble on this deal but with Caution! :jimlad:

Sellers who have 4+ rating on Snapdeal have been good till now. No issues. However i wouldn't recommend sellers below 3.5
@avi Did you purchase anything from SD earlier or just asking to avoid going by the bad reviews?;)

^I have bought in beginning when they changed their business model. It was good. But looking at my recent orders, they are shop clues in making.

Someone was selling counterfeit laptop backpack. Many people on reddit complaining about its quality. I shot an email to CC to investigate the matter. Their reply was kinda like you haven't bought the item yourself, so STFU.

Still today the listing is active and snapdeal doesn't want to do anything about this.

There was a thread on TE, duplicate 32GB pen drives being sold on Flipkart. When I emailed them the CC, they responded positively and the listing was removed after 12 hours (however, I don't know whether they took action because of my email)

I totally agree with you on SD having no control over what their sellers list. Also, that flipkart counterfeit pendrive wasn't taken down because of your mail. There were people who bought that pendrive and went for refund.

I still prefer buying from sellers who have good ratings. Got good pricing everytime.

So @nRiTeCh's 5 orders decide if an e-commerce site is best or not :p

Jokes aside, avoid snapdeals if possible.
See it depends on your past experiences with an online shop. So if you are having bad experience with SD you'll avoid it @ any cost and may suggest the same to others as well. Just my recent issue with Shopclues... and I'll never ever buy anything from them again. In fact after my adventurous experience with them, 4 of my friends backed out from shopping at Shopclues for the items they just were about to order. This is how it goes. Same goes with my experience with eBay as well so I avoid it.

And I prefer buying expensive stuffs like laptops, mobos, proccys, rams, cellphones etc. by physically visiting a shop rather online.
For me online shopping is a mere 100bucks- 2k of stuffs and anything above I'll seriously have 2nd-10th thoughts before proceeding further.

Reviews does matter as its the reviews which makes us believe on the product and the seller genuinity and authenticity.

^I have bought in beginning when they changed their business model. It was good. But looking at my recent orders, they are shop clues in making.

Someone was selling counterfeit laptop backpack. Many people on reddit complaining about its quality. I shot an email to CC to investigate the matter. Their reply was kinda like you haven't bought the item yourself, so STFU.

Still today the listing is active and snapdeal doesn't want to do anything about this.

There was a thread on TE, duplicate 32GB pen drives being sold on Flipkart. When I emailed them the CC, they responded positively and the listing was removed after 12 hours (however, I don't know whether they took action because of my email)

They still allow sellers to sell all counterfeit stuff, even though I proved post purchase that that the item was fake. Distributor also knows, manufacturer also knows, but snapdeal doesnt bother with formalities, they just wont respond.

that listing has seller with 4.7 rating and is a star seller:eek:

Back