How to Crack Drive Lock password

navin007

Disciple
Hello Friends i have some hp laptop having drive lock password and it is asking for a administrator password .
Following is the laptop names

HP PROBOOK 440 G1
HP PROBOOK 440 G2
HP PROBOOK 445 G1
HP PROBOOK 445 G2
HP PROBOOK 4440S

When ever i enter the bios it ask for do you want to login with guest ( Yes or No) .
If i click no it asks for administrator password that i don't have if i hit yes it enter the bios of guest mode.

Thanks And Regards,

Navin Agrawal.

Are you saying an ATA lock is set on the drives or that the BIOS is locked? Have you tried removing the drives and reading in another computer?

Why do you want to crack passwords of office laptops? Doesn't feel right. Did you talk to your IT department about it?
Sorry for late reply the laptop r of old user and they haven't given the key for it[DOUBLEPOST=1524327672][/DOUBLEPOST]
I smell illegality here.
If you have proper hp licenses etc why not directly talk with hp and get the job done. Else if its office stuff better talk to admin or IT teams.
NRI CONTROL

This lists three ways : https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-BIOS-Password
1. Remove CMOS battery.
2. Reset jumpers, if available in laptop
3. Use 'backdoor' password https://bios-pw.org

Other than this some mobo could have a default bios pass ? Slim chance of this happening me thinks.

The BIOS PW.ORG did not work[DOUBLEPOST=1524911159][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was reading online that you can reprogram the bios chip - eeprom ic.
Check www.laboneinside.com

means I have to change the bios chip

If they are just ATA lock codes, we can remove them from pretty much any drive and keep the data intact. But, it's not a service we provide for free.

Would you be inclined to send the drives out to a data recovery lab and pay to have them unlocked?

Data labs won't simply unlock it for you or crack it straight way. They will first verify the authenticity of the asset and the motive and the person as well. They will then ask for such authority letter or email from your company usually signed or drafted by the IT manager and Admin dept along with furnishing some documents pertaining to that asset such as purchase invoice or license if any.

This is to avoid putting hands into stolen assets and then getting legal notice, jail or fine and tarnishing their brand image.

For home laptops Data recovery this isn't the case except when it comes for cracking some lock or key to verify genuinity.

Back