How to download 1080p vids from youtube?

I used to use keepvid,savefrom, idm, jdownloader and an addon in firefox but everything stopped working few days ago for me.
Is there anything still able to dl 1080p vids?

IDM 6.21 build 15 worked fine. Thanks.
Was getting message for update from a few weeks but thought it was youtube that changed their settings or whatever as when youtube did this in the beginning, only a few softwares were able to grab 1080p links.

IDM 6.11 works pretty well for downloading any videos on youtube or some other websites as well. But sometimes its not able to download dont know why then need to do some rnd stuff.

There is no real competitor of IDM. They are the undisputed king in downloading stuffs. But the integration is better in Firefox than in Chrome. In Chrome you have to select a video to your desired resolution to be able to download it in same resolution, which becomes irritating sometimes.

True. I found IDM to be one of the best currently.. It's a shame with the way Flashget got screwed up over time.. Having said that, I'm surprised there are no open source freeware ones that can give IDM a run for its money

How does one use IDM only to download YouTube videos ? I mean currently I copy the YouTube link in keepvid and then whatever link keepvid gives I feed to IDM.

Am i am doing extra steps here ?

Back