how to get good at programming

krishnandu said:
^^Thank you.

That's what everyone says.

If everyone says the same thing. have you thought, that it might be true?

Ok what are my options as a developer?? I mean, I prefer web development more than desktop app's. So how is the market in web development??

Or should I try for Network Security??

you seem confused. I would like you point to famous speech by Steve Jobs Ceo of Apple Inc. That he said and I quote

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.

Here is the full speech,Do Watch it; its inspirational:hap2:

[youtube]D1R-jKKp3NA[/youtube]

^^^Thank you Gaurish.

Actually I'm really confused between Programming and Network Security. I love both. But I love programming more. But as I'm a BCA Graduate, everyone says no one will prefer BCA instead of MCA/MTECH/BTECH. And I won't be doing MCA atleast for now. My dad can't afford that. So I'll do it later after I collect money by doing some job. That's why I'm not sure of Developer as a carrer. That's why I'm thinking of doing the Certifications.

And about learning programming languages, I want to say is that, I'll really focus on only one language but learning other programming languages attracts me too. I love learning programming laguages in my leisure time and practise them.

krishnandu said:
^^^Thank you Gaurish.
Actually I'm really confused between Programming and Network Security. I love both. But I love programming more. But as I'm a BCA Graduate, everyone says no one will prefer BCA instead of MCA/MTECH/BTECH. And I won't be doing MCA atleast for now. My dad can't afford that. So I'll do it later after I collect money by doing some job. That's why I'm not sure of Developer as a carrer. That's why I'm thinking of doing the Certifications.
And about learning programming languages, I want to say is that, I'll really focus on only one language but learning other programming languages attracts me too. I love learning programming laguages in my leisure time and practise them.
Network security it good, but consider sitting at the desk hours monitoring and practically no work untill something fails or there's a crisis
Programmings gonna have you on the edge, constantly working on something, clearing out the bugs reported, getting new fixes/features ready, and also trying to make stupid Team Leaders understand that some stupid client requests just can't be accepted
Both come with their share or pros and cons, 1 thing to remember is, if you have the logic, the proper skill, teh programmer is never dependent on anything, you might as well freelance, but as network guy, you always need to working at some compuany, consultant, humm, but then for becoming a consultant it's gonna need lot of experience
In the end it's always your call. I work for a support function, but an hobbyist developer, just recently started learning the ropes, and there is no more pleasure then watching your program run, but at the end I need to go back to my work,
Just my 2 cent

krishnandu said:
^^^Thank you Gaurish.

Hey, me a bca graduate too. :hap2:

IMO, you should go for what you love doing the most. If you really have the talent getting a job in programming is not that difficult. if you know datastructures like the back of your palm you can bowl over the interviewer because ds is what most of them expect from freshers.

Back